Tobz

US Store from UK

I was just wondering if anyone could remember what the method was for getting an American iTunes account (and being able to get TV Shows etc) without being in the US. I think that you had to buy a gift card or something, but I can't remember...

Something along the lines of giving a fake address but not giving them any excuse to physically bill you, and therefore no way to check or prove your address, only transfer money over the internet.

I live in Italy but buy from the UK iTunes Store as its stock is far better. My way around this was to get a friend in the London to buy an iTunes Card for me which I top up by transfering money to him when I need to. Long winded but it works.

Buy a US iTunes card on eBay

Im in the UK and have bought a number of things of the US store!

Buy an US store card of ebay (the ebayer will usually email you the code so no postage)

Go to the US store, then click on REDEEM under account. From there you can create an account without having to enter credit card details.

You will need an american address but you can make one up, remember an example of an american postcode is this 98195 (Infact try that, its for a shop in seatle lol)

Once signed up, you will be able to spend upto how ever mcuh your card was, if you need more money just purchase anothor card and click redeem again, this worked for me.

Uslually the ebayer who sells you the card will know about this trick soo you can ask them for help!