Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Duffy

My awesome MacBook

I have been a Windows user for ever, and stood with it. I used to make fun of my friends Mac, just because I was acting like a stupid stereotype. I made fun of it for so long, but now I completely regret that... I have been a Mac user for fairly long, a couple months now. It all started when I wanted a laptop to do homework, browse the web, email, whatever a Windows PC could do... I wanted some terrible Dell Inspiron cheapy $400 laptop, and once I figured out how bad it was, I decided to upgrade to the Dell Inspiron E1405. I didn't have much money saved up at the time, so I had a while to change my mind. As I waited for my "beloved" Dell, I got so fed up with my Dell desktop running Windows, that somewhat as a joke, I said "I'm getting a Mac because it won't get viruses" and then I began to get more series, I did some research on Apple.com, and relized that a Mac is the computer for me. I'm really into music, graphics, movies, etc. and not a huge gamer (occasionally I play a couple games but for that I just boot to XP). At first, Ireally wanted a MacBook, and I waited for so long. I asked my parents if they could lend me some money (I'm 12, not some 25 year old calling my mom begging for money) but they wanted me to earn it myself. Then I decided, what the heck, I'm sick of waiting, I have enough for a Mac Mini. It was small and close to laptop size, but it kind of defeated the movie in the car purpose. I switched back to wanting the MacBook, saved a little, and now I'm using my MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 duo White. I love it. It is the best computer I have ever used. Well maybe the MacBook Pro is, but this is smaller, so I kind of like it better.

Thats my switcher story.

-Ryan

Hey, congrats. I was like that mmm...about 2 years ago not long after my Dell started slowing down. Then I looked into Macs and dropped the stereotype of Macs suck because I used OS 9 at my elementary school and it did...well suck compared to Windows XP. (I had no idea of OS X). Then I got my Mac mini when Tiger came out. It was the $499 model (1.25GHz G4/256MB/40GB 5400RPM). I loved it so much that I didn't realize how much slower it was compared to a 2.66GHz P4/512MB/40GB 7200RPM machine (my [fast] Dell). So then I got a 1GB RAM stick and put it into my mini. Then I got a MacBook Pro from my parents because I got accepted into Bergen County Academies and also got 12th place in a state-level math competition. I love it sooo much. Not long after I got my MacBook Pro the mini started showing the blinking folder icon when I rebooted. So I put the 256MB stick back in the mini and the 1GB stick in the Dell. Now the Dell is running much faster (no spyware, no antivirus, no unknown, memory-hogging, processor-intensive background processes) and the mini is used for digital electronics projects.

PS. What are you going to do with your Dells?

Welcome to OS X.

Also contrats on earning the money yourself and sticking with what you wanted, not just settling because you wanted it now. Very cool!