tvvidmaster

MPEG 1 Muxed Conversion

Hi there fellow mac users!

I am having some problems converting some video/audio clips into a format that will load to my video iPod. I have some video clips (with audio) that are in the MPEG1 Muxed format. When I have tried to go the tradional route in conversion (wither through iTunes or thorough Quicktime Pro using the 'convert to iPod' compression I am getting the video but with no audio. Anyone out there have sume sugestions for being able to convert these clips?

Many Thanks,

TVvidMaster

Hi there fellow mac users!

I am having some problems converting some video/audio clips into a format that will load to my video iPod. I have some video clips (with audio) that are in the MPEG1 Muxed format. When I have tried to go the tradional route in conversion (wither through iTunes or thorough Quicktime Pro using the 'convert to iPod' compression I am getting the video but with no audio. Anyone out there have sume sugestions for being able to convert these clips?

Many Thanks,

TVvidMaster

You might want to look at iSquint There is very little I have found that this won't convert. And it will even add it directly to your iTunes Library for you.

E

My friend who uses Windows mentioned that he could import WMV files sucessfully and coopertively into iTunes, but using iTunes's built in convert to iPod button, he lost the audio. Thoughts... 1: Sounds the same as your problem. 2: Wow, iTunes does WMV at all until you convert it? It shouldn't even kind of work unless you have Flip4Mac, and he is on Windows. 3: iTunes uses Quicktime Covert To iPod, but you don't need Quicktime Pro for it. Is iSquint somehow different than both of them? 4: Worth a try, obviously.

I don't know much about audio & video conversion, but I heard something once (I think it was on the MacCast) about videos with Muxed audio not playing and Adam suggested using MPEG Streamclip. It's freeware, so give it a try and let us know if it solves your problem (or not).