Sign in to follow this  
hurleyint1386

MacBook Pro with Vista

So I'm at school and I got a copy of Vista Business up an running on my MacBook Pro, however I'm having one issue. My video drivers seem to have issues with Vista. I have an ATI Radeon X1600 256 MB graphics card, and I went to ATI and downloaded and installed the drivers, however when ever I have the "Windows Vista" theme enabled, the screen blanks every 5-10 seconds, so I've been using the "Classic Theme". Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to fix this? Thanks

You want advice other than uninstalling Vista?

On a more serious note, you could try reinstalling the drivers. I do not know much about Windows drivers.

You want advice other than uninstalling Vista?

On a more serious note, you could try reinstalling the drivers. I do not know much about Windows drivers.

haha ok, well i want to keep vista only because it's free (provided through school) and i want to try and get to know the OS. I do IT support a lot and think it would be beneficial to get ahead of the game and learn anything new about vista. also, i've tried un-installing and re-installing the drivers, but no luck.

wait, shouldn't the drivers be supplied by Microsoft? meaning that they're WDDM compliant? cuz that's how it is on my Vista (it's the same as yours).

wait, shouldn't the drivers be supplied by Microsoft? meaning that they're WDDM compliant? cuz that's how it is on my Vista (it's the same as yours).

well i checked the driver, and it says it's the WDDM driver, however it's still all messed up.

WDDM= Windows Display Driver Model. It's not a certification process, it's a new way of writing display drivers for Windows.

even with WDM MS doesn't supply the drivers... the hardware vendors write the drivers, and pay MS to certify them.

I think the answer to the problem is to wait until Apple releases some proper drivers for Vista.

Edited by Goatman