Sign in to follow this  
rhatta

Importing cassette audio into iTunes

Is there a way to import cassette tape audio into iTunes? I have a 1st gen MacBook.

Is there a way to import cassette tape audio into iTunes? I have a 1st gen MacBook.

Get a cable that has a 1/8" connector on each end, you can get them from Radio Shack or online for less than $5. Basically it has a headphone plug on each end, then connect it to the microphone port on the MacBook, change your Sound preferences to accept input from the microphone port and use QuickTime to record the audio. Convert the audio you recorded to MP3 or any other format and you can import those files into iTunes.

roog

Thanks for the advice.

It seems like I have to pay for the Pro version of QuickTime to use the recording feature.

Is GarageBand any good? I probably could reinstall it (previously uninstalled to save HD space).

I'll also give Audacity a try which has a beta Intel Mac version out.

BTW I noticed that my MacBook has a mic port, unlike my iBook: nice.

Thanks for the advice.

It seems like I have to pay for the Pro version of QuickTime to use the recording feature.

Is GarageBand any good? I probably could reinstall it (previously uninstalled to save HD space).

I'll also give Audacity a try which has a beta Intel Mac version out.

BTW I noticed that my MacBook has a mic port, unlike my iBook: nice.

I do have the Pro version of Quicktime, I didn't know that was a Pro feature, sorry.

I've not used GarageBand that much, but you can definitely record into there and then export it directly to iTunes.

roog