ipodman

retail

I know in the US the official retail stores are called Apple Stores, although here and in some other countries they're called Apple Centres. My local Apple centre was just rebranded as Digital Appeal (digitalappeal.com.au). It's really small and it's all packed in there kind of and i've seen pics of them in the US and theres tons of space in them, here theres about 4 imacs, 4 macbooks/pro, and 1 mac pro and of course one iPod display case.

On the maccast ages ago (like pre-show 100) i remember adam saying that the Apple Centres are different to Apple stores as they've usually got old stock and not the official apple store. Our apple centre/digial appeal has always got the latest stuff, they got the colourful ipod shuffles yesterday.

I know in the US the official retail stores are called Apple Stores, although here and in some other countries they're called Apple Centres.

In New Zealand, Apple is represented by a group called Renaissance, which is in charge of distribution and marketing of all Apple products. So we get all the same stuff, almost as quick as it is released in the States. I prefer the experience of the Apple store though, there is just something about them, very stylish.

There are many Apple Centres in the UK, however none of them are owned and run by Apple. This is the difference between an Apple Store and an Apple Centre. Apple has some input in the design and implementation of an Apple Centre, but it's an independent company, business and store, simply with some extra Apple recognition.

This recognition also comes with a lot of pitfalls that many companies tend not to want, however they also let Apple down when people think they "are Apple". I'd generally pay attention to sign-age etc. in these places. If the store doesn't blow you away it's not an Apple Store. Be careful.