Sign in to follow this  
Danny

My Agent 18 Clickshield

I hate iSkins. They are rubbery like a dead fishy fish.

I have a Agent 18 Clickshield. Two pieces of hard clear pastic that snap together. iTrip's fine, clean simple clear design. http://www.agent18.com

18clickshield.jpg

I agree Danny! got one for my iPod Photo since there were not any other cases yet for it; but this Agent 18 is great.

Yes, I know a lot of moderators on the iPodLounge Forums have the Showcase. Is that the case that you have to put the plastic stick-um things to your iPod first?

The first generations of that case got a lot of bad reviews because of it's tendency to scratch the 'Pod, but I'm sure the current version works great.

Yes, that's the case...only I can't put any extra white stickums or the case wouldn't shut. (It fits nicely with the 60gig just like it is.) I was actually concerned that the contacts might case scratches, but this version hasn't so far. The stickums that were there (before you add extra) are very spongy. There isn't a sign of a mark, and I'm amazed. My 3G 20gig ipod (that I handed down to DH) had scratches all over the back. I used the original black case which came with that model. His has small scratches all over the back, and mine doesn't...well yet anyway. Then again, it's only been 3 weeks, but I look quite carefully each time I take it out of the case.

Kat

you guys gotta be kidding...dead fish???

I appreciate the rubber feel of my iceSuit (same as iSkin). It makes it easier to hold on to. It also keeps it stuck to the seat of my truck while I'm driving. It keeps it from sliding off my desk when I "wheel" my chair just a tad too far away from it. I can dock my iPod w/out having to remove my iceSuit.

Word,

jesse

probably just opinion

i don't really have a problem with iSkins, just the condomy part that covers the screen. The silicone ones that also have plastic screen protectors look fine.

can you use the iTrip w/ the Agent skin? And, what exactly is covered on there? Is the clickwheel and the screen protected?

Word,

jesse

can you use the iTrip w/ the Agent skin?

iTrip's fine

It does not have clickwheel protection, but you can buy a Power Support wheel film if you choose. It covers the screen with unfrosted plastic, where as the rest is frosted, giving it a nice look.

My iPod still looks brand new after 2 months, compared to the banged up ones I always see at school :lol:

Yeah, I'd be interested in something that covers the screen. But it also has to work w/ my iTrip

Word,

jesse

oops my response was confusing.

The Clickshield protects the screen with the same plastic, but it's just textured differently.

The powersupport wheelfilm is for the clickwheel, which the Agent18 doesnt

the screen looks good thru the clickshield.

It's kinda funny, people always comment on my nice case, not my iPod, cuz everyone has an iPod, but theres lotsa cases.

the iSee looks very very good. get that.

i like the port covering and beltclip.

yes, that looks good.

I found it for $10 at x10.com

Even if I hate it, it's only $10 and I can prob. sell it :)

yes i'd buy it

the only regret with my purchase is that unless i have a coat pocket, it's hard to run with it. a belt clip would be nice, although maybe not entirely safe.

i've seen iPods drop its not pretty.

I got a miniShield from agent18. I wanted a little more protection than most cases provide...it's been awesome. the best part is that it works with the original iPod armband and beltclip. it has easy acceess to all iPod stuff (headphone port, hold lock, dock connector...

and "shock absorbers" for drop protection...which i must say has come in handy more than once for clumsy me! haha

only downside: around the outside of the clickwheel may get dirty, since the case doesn't go all the way up to the clickwheel..

Got it.. it is okey.. it still scratches... do not get me wrong it protect but it still have lines marks.