Sign in to follow this  
iSmile

My switch from PC to iMac

I have been using pc's for around 15 years 5 of them studying IT at University and 9 living and working in the IT world. I grew very attached to my 5 or 6 machines and know windows inside out.

So about 3 years ago i purchased and iPod and was amazed by its simplicity and ease of use. I still think today iTunes is the only good software that runs on a PC. Anyway after getting through the ipod 4th gen, ipod photo and onto the video i started to like apple and often found myself looking into there other products, evantually i decided i was going to get a mac.

So last weekend i marched into my local apple store and bought a 20 inch iMac. Apple's customer service was great and setting the mac up was weird because it just seemed to easy.

As the week went on i began to learn all my computers skill over again. But this time instead of it taking 5 years it took more like 5 days. The mac is just incredible, i was installing some software the other day and as a typical PC guy i was looking around for some sort of setup file to install it. When i found out all i had to do was drag that one file into the apps folders, i freaked out, it was soo easy and just aww wow.

I installed windows xp yesterday using bootcamp, after the first 5 mins of using it i relaised how s**t windows is. It even crashed on me...twice, Mac OSX has never done that.

So yeah, i just cant belive what ive been missing out on and the only machine i will be installing windows vista on is my shredder!!!

Just anothor note:

Now i have a mac, i think i understand the meaning of simplicity!

and i can now shout to the world PC'S SUCK!!!

Great story!! But you realise that your bank manager will be sweating! 1 mac is never enough I have 5 and thats just at home! why why why!! cos they are sooo pretty :-)

Great story!! But you realise that your bank manager will be sweating! 1 mac is never enough I have 5 and thats just at home! why why why!! cos they are sooo pretty :-)

Lol thats very true, i now have an iMac but its stuck at home...hmm maybe an macbook will come in handy!