Sign in to follow this  
Bainzey

MacBook Problems!!!

Hi,

Before i take my mac to the mac store i thought i would pass it on by here first.

This morning i looked at my battery health and it had gone down to 80, randomly. Then, it said it was fully charged and i looked underneath and all the lights were on, but when i took out the adapter it turned off. When i try to run off battery when starting up, it starts up the HD and then like switchs off. I troubleshooted on Mac support, and it says get this update. But my mac is new, i got it a month ago and it says the first macbooks. I have no idea what is wrong, any tips or anything i should try?

There are a couple of issues becoming apparent with MacBook batteries, all of which your local Apple Store/AASP should be familiar with. I wouldn't worry about troubleshooting further, it's a waste of time as they will have to do it again for you anyway. It may not be the battery so it's worth getting it checked thoroughly.

Thank you for that,

It is working fine now, but the battery health is still low, but it seems to go up slowly its gone up by 4% in the past 12 hours.

If you are really trying to not take in you could try the old standby rubber chicken battery dance. Use the computer till the battery runs dead and the system shuts off. Then leave it dead for at least 5 hours. Then charge the battery fully [overnight if you can] without using the system. That is the procedure for reseting whatever it is that estimates the battery life and it may help you with your problem.

You could try that, but I am telling you now that that is one unhealthy battery.

You could try that, but I am telling you now that that is one unhealthy battery.

Agreed.