SteveJobs -- In training

Mac OSX Boot Screen Customization

Hey everybody,

I was wondering if I could change my MBP's boot screen (Grey screen w/ the Apple and little spinning gear). I have searched around, but can't find anything that will work or it doesnt work with 10.4.8. I know that you can change Windoze XP boot screens, and I would like to do that on my mac...

So, does any one know if the boot screen can be changed, and how?

Thanks,

Steve

I'm not sure as to how to change the actual boot screen, but I do know how you can change the background picture for the list of users after the computer has booted up (I did this a little while back and I think it's the correct way) (And of course do this at your own risk. It shouldn't mess anything up, but anything could happen).

So you go to the /<Macintosh Hard Drive Name>/Library/Desktop Pictures/ folder and find the picture titled: "Aqua Blue.jpg". Rename the picture to something like "Aqua BlueOLD.jpg" or something for backup. Then find your replacement background jpg, move the picture into the Desktop Pictures folder and rename it "Aqua Blue.jpg". Then log out and your background should now be the new background! Hope it works.

Thanks kineticlegend.

Yeah.. I had already known how to change the background (but i used a software utility instead of actually replacing a file) but thanks for stating the alternate way of doing this.

However, I am looking to change the boot screen, if possible, from the Apple on gray, to something else. Anybody know how to do this?

Much appreciation,

-Steve-

Thanks, I have already tried this and I get a "Imagine BootX does not support this Version of Mac OSX" I am using 10.4.8 so... I dont know.

But thanks for the respons,

Steve

Yeah sorry, all the other ones I found specifically mentioned that they only supported 10.3. So apparently this one doesn't either. Let us know if you do find a way though.

You might want to check out Visage, pretty cool if you are into that kind of thing.