iSmile

Dashcode! Any Good?

I just downloaded the public beta version of Dashcode and its great!

Even if your a noob, you can still make great widgets.

If your a pro programmer you can still use the coding view!

What does everyone else think?

I've had a little play and it seems quite fun. I guess I should brush up on my Javascript again...

I think it's a good help for people who like to design widgets the way you design applications with Xcode. Personally, I think it's a bit easier just to use a widget "template" consisting of the minimum amount of code you need, and then hand code your widget from there. I don't think it's worth using a complicated app like DashCode for relatively small programs like widgets, especially when they are so compact and simple to do with a little Javascript expertise.

I find it quite nice. A friend of mine is going to visit me in a month time. She told me she is counting the days already. I made her a nice contdown with the background of the skyline of the city. She really likes it a lot. So for me it was very nice to have a template. I have no clue of Javascript whatsover.

Still some improvment is necessary to dashcode as it craseh once and as it is strange to insert a background image. Not very intuitive. I tried first to remove the background that comes with the countdown template and the widget crashed.