1. 1. When will you buy it?

• The day it comes out!
    • Within the first few days!
    • 2-4 weeks!
    • After a few months!
    • Dunno!
    • Never, tigers fine!

I know which one i would choose but i wanna see how badly people want 10.5

Hopefully I'll be getting it the day it comes out :) Just hope that it's not riddled with too many bugs tho ;)

i can live with bugs.. after all they are apple bugs, so i'll have to like them. ;)

Yes Sir I will buy on the day of release, however I will only install on my non-work macs and I wonder will the software be the same as Tiger, install on all? ;)

When it comes preinstalled on new, ultra-portable MacBooks B) that's how I'd rather get Leopard. My 12" G4 Powerbook is starting to show its age, so I hope they release Leopard soon along with the new ultraportables.

Edited by lester

The minute it's released or even sooner if they'll allow pre-orders on Amazon. I'm in Kuwait and it'll take around a week for it to arrive here, so the sooner I order it the sooner I'll have it :) Although as some have suggested, I might install it on my home Mac mini just to make sure everything goes smoothly before I install it on my MBP which I use for work, home, and everywhere else really.

I'll be waiting for a few months - never like to be at the bleeding edge of technology

I'll install it after a week or two. I might put a test install on one of hard drives to make sure it can stand up to my needs first though. I'm just a bit dubious since this is the first release of OS X that I've seen the developer builds for, and so far, they've been really flaky.

I'll buy Leapord on day ONE!

lol but tbh, Tiger doesn't crash, works perfectly, has everything I need... Apple almost gave its users no reason to bother upgrading, but i think they'll have some aces up sleeves.

Edited by SkippyChalmers

It would be interesting to find out what percentage of mac users will go out and buy Leopard on the first day it comes out, and compare it to the percentage of windows users who went out and bought vista the day it came out.

It would be interesting to find out what percentage of mac users will go out and buy Leopard on the first day it comes out, and compare it to the percentage of windows users who went out and bought vista the day it came out.

Even more interesting would be to compare what percentage of users that buy Leopard are ecstatic about their purchase and glad that they bought it, and what percentage of users who bought Vista tried to return it the next day and/or tried to sue Microsoft for causing them psychological distress trying to get that darn thing to work right :D I know of two people who went out and bought Vista the minute it was out, and they both regret it so far :o

I will put it on my home computer the day it comes out. Work computer, well that is another story (maybe at 10.5.4). If you have a good bootable backup and do a clean install (my perference) you can always revert, but I haven't had to revert in the past. Most of the early bugs are not a big deal for home use. How many people are going to put it on their work computer the day it comes out???

Well, my macbook pro is my work computer (well, the computer I use for university), so I can't afford to have it die on me. I'll be waiting a week or two and them be installing it with a backup (or two...). Although it will be a test to see if I can wait a week or two!

I'm in a similiar situation as you Graham. My MBP is my work and main home computer so it'll be a real trial for me not to install Leopard as soon as I get my hands on it here in Kuwait :)

I am not exactly sure when I will buy it. I would imagine it might be within the first month of its release, but I am not sure what will be going on at that time, so I marked "Dunno".

Hopefully I will have won the lottery and I can get it newly installed on an 8 core Mac Pro. :lol:;)

I put down 2-4 weeks. I want to have it reviewed and felt out awhile before I make the change. I have to wait till Oct. so what is a few more weeks in the scope of things. I admit it won't be easy but good things come to those who wait.

I hope to buy a new machine with 10.5 pre-loaded with ilife07, does anyone know if apple has released anything early before?

I hope to buy a new machine with 10.5 pre-loaded with ilife07, does anyone know if apple has released anything early before?

I cant think of an occasion and at the risk of sounding a little cynical Apple is usually late nowadays so don't be holding your breath ;-) I feel sorry for Developers that are now having to wait an extra 4 months to make any money from Leopard.

oh hum :-(

I'll probably wait a week or so, read the install experiences...and yes make a backup or two.

I still remember the Panther upgrade and the corrupted firewire external drives that used the Oxford chipset. I'm in no hurry. :)