mister5

my crazy mighty mouse

I recently received a wired mighty mouse and it's ok, except the pointer randomly takes off in any given direction from time to time. I've looked at it in system prefs, but dont see anything out of the ordinary. I dont have the mouse software on CD.

thanks!

Try using it on a different surface. And you really ought to try and get hold of the drivers cd. They are rather handy...

I recently received a wired mighty mouse and it's ok, except the pointer randomly takes off in any given direction from time to time. I've looked at it in system prefs, but dont see anything out of the ordinary. I dont have the mouse software on CD.

thanks!

I had the same problem and traced the problem to the mousemat. I swapped it for a matt black one and so far so good

I had the same problem and traced the problem to the mousemat. I swapped it for a matt black one and so far so good

Plain white is ok too - it's patterned surfaces that can upset it.

Are you kidding??? The mouse matt could be a problem? I have a smooth matt. Some freebie from a web conference if it matters any!

Guess I'll try and find a copy of the CD.

Thanks

Are you kidding??? The mouse matt could be a problem?

There's no need for a mat - they date back to the days when mice had balls :o

Unless you need one with a wrist support when you've got hurty wrists like me... :\

Are you kidding??? The mouse matt could be a problem? I have a smooth matt. Some freebie from a web conference if it matters any!

Guess I'll try and find a copy of the CD.

Thanks

It's not that the mouse mat is a problem per say. Something like it being the wrong material doesn't matter. You just need a solid color and it should solve the problem. Desks with a woodgrain finish are especially a problem.

i have had the exact same problems and especially when placing pics in a document or gaming, the random shooting of the mighty mouse is very frustrating. i posted the same problem here a few months ago but have managed to find the answer in your posts answers. thanks everyone!

Hi was reading the post and having the same prob. bought a belkin plain blue mouse pad to replace my multi coloured one hasn't jumped since.