Patrick

Cable DVR to Mac

Hi All,

I just recently upgraded my Comcast cable box to a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD box which has the can record HD programing onto it's own internal 160GB Hard Drive. I would like to get access to these recorded programs using my Mac so I can view them on my iPod and Apple TV (when I get one). Anyone know of any programs that I could use? the box has an USB outlet in the back, so if anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Patrick at the Jersey shore.

i know that with Tivo you can use a wireless adapter that they sell on their website and use a program called tivo desktop. i dont know about other DVRs though

I had that box and was initially stoked to have it. Then I found out that at least for Time Warner all the ports were locked down. Not only that but I found that the menu was annoyingly slow and so basically I hated that box till the day they came and replaced it with a motorola box. I searched for a long time and found no hacks to be able to get access to the drive.

I had that box and was initially stoked to have it. Then I found out that at least for Time Warner all the ports were locked down. Not only that but I found that the menu was annoyingly slow and so basically I hated that box till the day they came and replaced it with a motorola box. I searched for a long time and found no hacks to be able to get access to the drive.

Mine is the same way, all the ports on the back are disabled via Firmware. I ended up getting a DVD recorder and just burn my shows to DVD, then rip them onto my Mac later. (These are not copy protected.)

Enjoy,

roog