Sign in to follow this  
Mopar_Dan

Do you leave your router on all the time or turn it off at night?

Im curious about ya'lls thoughts on leaving my new Airport express on 24/7 or if I should turn it off at night? My last router was hooked up to a wall switch that I had turned off at night. The only problem I could think of is we get the occasional power outtage around these parts that usually cause some rapid on/off conditions. I was thinking that my new AE might be better off, plugged into the UPS and left on 24/7 as opposed to getting power cycled every night and then power outages. But to be honest Im not that sure. Anybody have some advice?? Thanks!

Dan

Im curious about ya'lls thoughts on leaving my new Airport express on 24/7 or if I should turn it off at night? My last router was hooked up to a wall switch that I had turned off at night. The only problem I could think of is we get the occasional power outtage around these parts that usually cause some rapid on/off conditions. I was thinking that my new AE might be better off, plugged into the UPS and left on 24/7 as opposed to getting power cycled every night and then power outages. But to be honest Im not that sure. Anybody have some advice?? Thanks!

Dan

I have always left every router I have ever owned on 24/7. As for all the power outages a UPS certainly won't hurt things.

I leave mine on 24/7 as well, although I do have mine plugged into a surge protector, no UPS though.

roog

Mine always stays on, as does my cable modem. I don't see any need to turn them off.

Thanks for the input guys. Sounds like Im in better shape just leaving it on. I appreciet the feedback!

Dan

If you want to leave it off, the only reason is to save energy. However if you need a static IP for whatever reason and set the settings to auto-renew, it is advised that you keep it on if you wish to retain the same IP address. (I wish I didn't need a static IP so I could have dynamic and no one could track me)

Edited by kensterator