Mark Sheppard

MacCast Loops

Fantastic job on your first Talkshoe open forum show! I was very impressed. Kudos to Victor for prodding you to do this and being your producer/call screener/moderator or whatever you want to call him. I'm sure "good friend" is in there somewhere. I know you were unsure about doing a show on this platform but it seemed to come off very smooth. I think you are a natural for Talkshoe...

Your fantastic fan following and show download numbers bode well for you to continue this venture. One of the few things you can do in this realm that pays you to do it. You have the friendly, humble personality to make this all work and your knowledge in "all things Macintosh" is boundless. I look forward to each and every one of these shows you decide to do. Hats off to Victor to have brought you here. (He's like a used car salesman, but more lovable)

Keep up the great work and spread the Mac mindset.

Have a question re. the subject of Applecare discussed at length on MacLoop show 002.

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase another 3 yrs worth of Applecare for your Apple hardware before the original policy ends?

When I bought my 15 inch Powerbook G4 in July of 2004, I also got Applecare.

Fortunately, I've not had any problems with my machine, but I may hold onto it past the present Applecare policy, which I believe will expire this coming July 2007.

I've not seen this issue addressed, and am wondering if anyone may know the answer.

Not that I'm aware. And since older machines are more likely to go wrong, I doubt they will want to have to keep on supporting old hardware.

No, indeed. I suspect they want you to buy new hardware after three years, although most Macs will keep running for much longer. After three years, your hardware is a bit old (and slow) as well, compared to the stuff that is available at that time. There is even hardware out there that is from before 1984, and it still runs...