md11bravo

apple keyboard and mouse

i keep hearing bad things about the apple keyboard and especially the new mighty mouse. is anyone out there having any problems with theirs? i just got my mac mini today and found out that my current dell keyboard and mouse are not usb. yeah, i shouldve checked. i want the apple stuff cause it looks so cool and the key presses just feel right on the keyboard. anybody have any other options??

i like my apple keyboard and mighty mouse, but i know logitech and microsoft make nice keyboards and mice. try looking at some of those.

i don't really like the mighty mouse, it's totally not worth whatever my company paid for it.. the apple keyboard is pretty standard. i hate to say it, but typing on a Microsoft keyboard, and a logitech wireless mouse is my preferred set up..

I don't know about the wired Apple keyboard, but I've got 3 Apple Bluetooth Keyboards (for work, home office, and living room) which I just love to use. Like you said, the keys just feel great, and I can't get myself to use any other keyboard. I was using a Logitech MX Duo mouse & keyboard for a few years which I've replaced with the Apple BT Keyboard and a Logitech VX Revolution mouse (which is great by itself but I've had problems with Logitech's software, so I'm testing SteerMouse for now). I've tried the Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, and I found the loud clicking sound it makes whenever you click on something is really annoying, the side buttons virtually impossible to press and therefore useless, and even then the two side buttons only act as one button really so you can't program them for "back" and "forward" functions which is why I like my Logitech mice :)

I use both the wired and Bluetooth versions of both the Apple Keyboard and Mouse. I've had no problems with either of them, and I prefer them to other alternatives. There are, however, lots of people who don't like the feel and the functionality of the mighty mouse. Search this forum for some previous discussions on this topic.

- Tim

When i first got my mac i found it really cool to be using the mac keyboard and mouse. However, after some time i rwalised that i missed my old setup of using logitech. Then i used a Microsoft keyboard and found that that was pretty darn nice.

So it really depends if you want the type of keyboard which allows you to hear every key being pressed (apple keyboard) and a mouse which looks pretty elegant (mighty mouse), or the silent types.

Well thats just my opinion..

Good luck on your quest to find a perfect (well almost) keyboard & mouse.

So it really depends if you want the type of keyboard which allows you to hear every key being pressed (apple keyboard) and a mouse which looks pretty elegant (mighty mouse), or the silent types.

Would you be so kind as to mention which Logitech/Microsoft keyboards you found to be silent? The Logitech keyboard that I have is an MX Duo (a few years old) and is quite loud compared to my Apple BT keyboards. I love Logitech products (I still have quite a few of their mice) so I'd appreciate your recommendation. Thanks :)

i keep hearing bad things about the apple keyboard and especially the new mighty mouse. is anyone out there having any problems with theirs? i just got my mac mini today and found out that my current dell keyboard and mouse are not usb. yeah, i shouldve checked. i want the apple stuff cause it looks so cool and the key presses just feel right on the keyboard. anybody have any other options??

Alright I have a Apple keyboard and a Logitech trackball. I used the mighty mouse until the little scroll wheel went stupid. It happened on 2 of them. I really like the keyboard its just smoother. Now the mouse feels good to me, but it doen't last. Ireally like the trackball. I don't even move my hands. Just let the fingers do the walking. It's a little more expensive, but in about 6 months no problems.

Good Luck

Willie

Would you be so kind as to mention which Logitech/Microsoft keyboards you found to be silent?

I didn't exactly mean silent, i meant quiet, but the Microsoft one is the:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseand...ls.aspx?pid=078

The mouse the comes along with the keyboard is also very nice and i feel it beats the Mighty Mouse in performance, but NOT in elegance!

I cant remember the Logitech Model (sorry) but that was pretty good.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Mac-User

You can get a small pigtail that will convert your mouse and keyboard PS/2 to usb. It works pretty good for me on my mac mini.