Sign in to follow this  
maccastjoe

Did macally slip

I was just looking through the new issue of mac/life and on page 19 there is an ad from Macally the have an item called the BTCUP. It fits in a car cup holder this is nothing new. Then read the headline over the product "Full channel FM transmitter with built in bluetooth Hands free iPod control. Well last I knew ipods did not have bluetooth in them. Could this be an ad that was placed a month or 2 to soon??

I think the Bluetooth is for the phone (Hands free). The bluetooth could be in the base and control the iPod via the dock connector.

Features: Listen to your favorite iPod tunes or talk to your cell phones through the FM stereo receiver in the car Built-in hands-free function keeps you safe on the road Pairs with any Bluetooth equipped phones Auto-Switching between phone mode and iPod mode when you answer or hang up Works with new iPod nano, iPod nano, iPod with Video, iPod Photo,

iPod with color display, iPod 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G, and iPod Mini Fits cup holders securely in most cars Powered through car cigarette lighter adaptor Full FM spectrum 88.1MHz to 107.9MHz for the clearest channel Dock and charge iPod devices simultaneously Wired Handsfree 3.5mm jack for privacy mode operation Easy-to-reach power on/off switch, frequency up and down buttons, and quick channel switch button Automatic last used frequency memory Tilted backlit LCD display with easy-to-read characters Designed to accept Apple universal dock insert shipped with iPod 3 Docking inserts included for new iPod nano, iPod 4G, & 5G

3rd party companies would definitely have no knowledge of Apple's future secret products, otherwise Apple would have a very hard time keeping something as big as a new iPod from being leaked.

There's a nice little picture beneath the text, that shows the BTCUP and a phone communicating via. Bluetooth, so my guess would be, that it has nothing to do with the iPod. I guess you could implement bluetooth in a third-party dock, so an iPod could be controlled via. Bluetooth, but if that was the case here, we would definately have heard more about it at this point of time.