r.turner

iPhone Bluetooth Headset

14 posts in this topic

Hi, Just wanted to say, there is a picture of the headset. here it is dsc_0230.jpg

looks like it would fall out of the ear.

looks like it would fall out of the ear.

Yer, it looks like it could but apple have probably licensed some new clever technology to stuck it down to your ear or something!!

Yer, it looks like it could but apple have probably licensed some new clever technology to stuck it down to your ear or something!!

Called glue B)

Called glue B)

It's not just any glue, it's the Apple iGlue!!

It's not just any glue, it's the Apple iGlue!!

iWax! :-)

roog

If it was light enough, and the ear plug was large enough, I could see it sticking just fine.

I would certainly clean the ear plug between sessions. Who knows what bugs live in ear wax. And certainly don't share, if you don't want to spread disease.

I dont think it looks very "apple"

i agree that it looks like it would fall out. The earbuds that come with the iPods fallout of my ears too. i like headphones that wrap around the ear to keep them from falling off so much.

i agree that it looks like it would fall out. The earbuds that come with the iPods fallout of my ears too. i like headphones that wrap around the ear to keep them from falling off so much.

If you're looking for a Bluetooth headset, I highly recommend Jabra's offerings. I have a BT250v (2 years now) and it goes over the ear and has replaceable and different size "gels" to match your ear. I drive a noisy tractor trailer (Kenworth T800) for FedEx and this is the only headset I tried that I could hear people with. It also has a noise-canceling microphone so that I can be heard over the 15 liter engine and road noise.

Jabra also has great customer service, I bought a car charger for the headset and called Jabra to get another cradle so I could leave one at home and one in my overnight bag that I take with me at work. I was willing to purchase another, but when I asked if I could buy another they asked me my address and sent me a second cradle for FREE.

Great people at Jabra,

roog

Meta -

A Question. Do you have an iPhone? If so, sounds like your Jabra has been with you for a while. Was there any problems getting the two to match up (speak to each other - forget the PUN)? I have more iPhone questions re: the Jabra, but I'll wait to see if that's how you use the headset.

Thanks - TRG

Meta -

A Question. Do you have an iPhone? If so, sounds like your Jabra has been with you for a while. Was there any problems getting the two to match up (speak to each other - forget the PUN)? I have more iPhone questions re: the Jabra, but I'll wait to see if that's how you use the headset.

Thanks - TRG

Sorry I didn't subscribe to this thread for some reason.

Yes, I do have an iPhone. I had no problems pairing the two together, but one thing I dislike about Apple's implementation of Bluetooth is that it only works for audio. When receiving an incoming call pressing the button on the Jabra doesn't answer the call, you have to press answer on the iPhone.

Same for hanging up (which I did accidentally a lot when trying to adjust the volume on the Jabra), you have to press hang up on the iPhone or just wait for the call to be dropped when it figures out the other caller is gone.

Otherwise the volume buttons work and change according on the iPhone and audio quality is pretty good.

I originally used the Jabra with my Razr V3 and it had much better Bluetooth support for headsets and for transferring files (pics, movies, ringtones) to the Razr, something I wish you could do with the iPhone is sync over Bluetooth. However, Motorola's syncing with the Mac was horrible.

roog

Corrections:

Since the 1.0.1 update I can answer and hang up from the Jabra now, all I have to do is press the Phone shaped icon button on the Jabra and it will do it's job.

Also press the Vol+ and Vol- buttons will bring up a bluetooth sound level popup on the iPhone, similar to pressing the Vol+ and Vol- buttons on the side of the iPhone, but in a separate setting. The iPhone's volume and the Bluetooth volume are independent of each other.

Thanks Apple for the update!

roog