Sign in to follow this  
firewalk13

itunes 7.1

So coverflow for the 5th gen ipods is here. Unfortunately I don't have time to update and check it out. But that is exciting.

the only thing i noticed updated was fullscreen coverflow within itunes.. i dont see an ipod update.

the only thing i noticed updated was fullscreen coverflow within itunes.. i dont see an ipod update.

Thats because that is the update. I was all excited too. :( I don't ever use cover flow on my comp but it would be real nice on my ipod.

Edited by joshr

yea.. dang.. sadness.. oh and i also saw the addition of the AppleTV in the help menu and the preferences.

Edited by joe28753

Quicktime 7.1.5 is out too, loads of bug fixes reccomended for any quicktime user!

Woot! I'm just glad that there is finally some new things to play around with! Yay :)

It's been tough waiting for all of the supposed amazing new announcements that are supposed to happen this year. I guess this will help to hold me over for a bit ;)

there isn't much to play with, too bad the full screen cover flow doesn't work in front row, that would be an update worth talking about.

Yeah my mistake. I was on the way out of the house and didn't read the blurb with the update thoroughly. Seems to be a popular idea though.

there isn't much to play with, too bad the full screen cover flow doesn't work in front row, that would be an update worth talking about.

Yeah I was hoping for some coverflow in iTunes that was similar to the one that they showed off at Macworld on the iPhone. So that when you entered full screen mode you could click on the album cover and it would flip around and allow you to choose one of the songs from that album.

Also, when you enter full screen mode and have an eternal monitor, it still blacks out the external monitor. So I can't be doing something on the external monitor while running full screen coverflow on my MBP screen.

Yeah I was hoping for some coverflow in iTunes that was similar to the one that they showed off at Macworld on the iPhone. So that when you entered full screen mode you could click on the album cover and it would flip around and allow you to choose one of the songs from that album.

Also, when you enter full screen mode and have an eternal monitor, it still blacks out the external monitor. So I can't be doing something on the external monitor while running full screen coverflow on my MBP screen.

ouch, i only have one screen. i didn't even think about clicking it and flipping it - that would be a good feature. i would firstlly like to see front row coverflow though, then i would move from mce to a mac mini on my home theatre

Ooh, you should be able to set it so that the back of the album/track listing is automatically on your other screen while you look through Coverflow on your first screen/

I don't know if it's the 7.1 update (I've not tried it for a while), but my 60Gb 5G iPod is back from the dead! No more -48 errors when syncing. It's been hell making do with my nano for every day use. The whole reason I got an iPod in the first place was that everything would be with me, so I don't have to choose what to listen to for the whole day each morning.

I don't know if it's the 7.1 update (I've not tried it for a while), but my 60Gb 5G iPod is back from the dead! No more -48 errors when syncing. It's been hell making do with my nano for every day use. The whole reason I got an iPod in the first place was that everything would be with me, so I don't have to choose what to listen to for the whole day each morning.

I had the same problem, it was down to a conflict with the time zone settings but I had managed to fix it prior 7.1. Interesting why it didn't kill your Nano? is it a 1st gen?

We need some new hardware Apple inc!! Has anyone checked out system resources when cover-flow is in full screen?

The time zone fix didn't work for me, and my iPod is out of warranty so I wasn't going to pay to fix it when I had a perfectly good nano to tide me over until a new big boy ipod is released. And no, my nano is a second gen product (red) one, as is listed in my sig.

I'm no longer seeing chapter navigation capability for podcasts in iTunes after upgrading to version 7.1 (e.g. for Enhanced MacCast).

Edited by rhatta

They're in exactly the same place they were in 7.0.

They're in exactly the same place they were in 7.0.

Oh, I just found it in the menu bar ("Chapters"). I think I heard about this change before and then forgot about it. Sorry about that. BTW, are there keyboard shortcuts for navigating to the prev / next chapters?

Also: I noticed that I can do an iPod firmware update on iTunes without wiping the iPod's library even when the iPod wasn't configured to sync with the particular PC (nano 2G + Windows). IIRC this wasn't possible in earlier versions. Nice news for those of us who sync FAT32 iPods with Macs.

I just don't get the appeal of Coverflow. Other than being cool eye candy to show off to friends it's the most inefficient way iTunes offers to navigate through your albums.

Craig

Looks like they came out with a quick point release for iTunes: version 7.1.1 . Just seems to be minor bug fixes and whatnot.