Sign in to follow this  
Tom.landy

apples 2 button scroller!

I've seen pictures of System Preferences>Mouse, where you can edit which buttons do what function.  You can change the side buttons to do Expose, Dashboard, Application Switcher, etc.  I'm sure theres even a way to have the button do nothing, so that you don't have to worry about squeezing too hard.

I saw the mouse preferrence at the store and it can be turn off. For me I'll adjust to it since I do like to use all the buttons on the mouse.

Overall my experiences with the Mighty Mouse have been pretty good. My few gripes are:

- The cord is just too short. I wish they had included an extension cord as the Apple keyboard had included.

- Middle clicking doesn't seem to work in Firefox. I'm bummed because I thought that I'd finally have a mouse for my Mac mini that would allow middle clicking functionality. Perhaps a 3rd-party mouse app will enable this on the Mighty Mouse in the future.

- Speaking of Firefox, scrolling left or right doesn't actually scroll the page; it goes back and forward through your browser history. So it is still an issue for me to accidentally go back or forward when I meant to scroll up or down on a page. Anyone else know how to fix this? Couldn't find the configuration to turn this off.

- This is probably a generic issue with Apple-branded peripherals, but the Mighty Mouse does not play well with my USB hub. Of course, it could be that my cheap USB hub sucks, but I have read some articles where it was not recommended that certain peripherals be plugged into hubs. Kind of a problem when the Mac mini only has 2 USB ports... #-o I am definitely going to be looking out for the Belkin Mac mini USB and Firewire hub, but even then it doesn't add that many more ports.

Despite my gripes, i am pretty happy with this mouse. I like its design and the underlying tech. If I had to do it again, I'd probably wait for the wireless version, though.

That's one of the faults of the Mac Mini, the lack of usb ports. It's ridiculous when certain products are not recommended to be plugged into a hub too. What is there to do then?! :shock: I have cables running everywhere and hate the look of it on my desk. I really am thinking of trying to find a solution to this mess behind the Mac Mini...

So, does this mean Apple is trying to replace it's classic 1 button mouse? Or is this simple a advanced alternative?

So, does this mean Apple is trying to replace it's classic 1 button mouse? Or is this simple a advanced alternative?

They still package the one-button mice with new Macs.

That's what I was curious about, and questioned in this topic. I wondered wether they will ship new computers with the original one button or the new multi-button alternative. I was kinda hoping they would ship the one button, and have the multi-button as an add-on or accessory, but I'm not sure what they'll do.

I agree. I really like the one button mouse concept overall, exept that i doesnt have a scroll feature. I would think that Apple could design some touch sensitive scroll like what logitech has in it's V500 laptop mouse.

Every mac I've owned, I have used a PC mouse. I can't work with one button.

If you play any sort of game on a Mac, 1 button isn't enough. Unless it's something like Nanosaur, or Marble blast which was designed around 1 button.

dude freakkin a wut the hell a 5 page dicussion on a mouse!!!!!!!! lol

:lol: LOL :lol:

It's just that awesome of a mouse.

guess thats y they call it the mighty mouse lol