designboy

Backup Address Book

I have searched forever trying to find a simple way to backup my address book with Automator. I know there are lots of ways to backup data. I know it's not that hard to do it manual either. I started out looking in Automator to see if there was something there but couldn't figure it out.

The reason this came up:

This morning I wanted to send an email to my brother and typed his name but it didn't auto-fill the address. I went to address book and there was not one contact in the list. WOW! That has never happened before. I just sent an email last night and it worked fine.

I am thinking it might have happened when I synced my ipod last night before I went to bed.

Every once in a while it when I sync the ipod it tells me I need to restore. I reboot the ipod and the G5 and it works. (usually).

Anyway, I have seen a few ways to back up the address book database from /library/application support/address book/

But when I back that up, how would I import that? It doesn't. Would I just take the backed up version of that folder and overwrite the one in my user folder?

Thanks for any help.

Jim

designboy,

Just do that, replace the folder in your user folder with the one you have backed up.

The only problem i can think of happeneing is if you do the backup with the system being 10.4.9 and you re-build your computer from scratch. The computer would now be at 10.4.3 (or whatever your original system disks are). I don't know if it would hiccup by trying to replace a newer version addressbook with an older version, if you get what I mean.

WP