Sign in to follow this  
Dayjob Dave

How to deauthorize a toasted computer?

Dayjob Dave    0

I am using up several of my allowable authorized computers' iTunes accounts on computers that are not usable. Is there anyway to go to an account list somewhere and deauthorize them without having to actually be on the computer that I want to deauthorize? Like by IP address or something? And what does Deauthorizing an "Audible Account" mean?

zionlion    0
I am using up several of my allowable authorized computers' iTunes accounts on computers that are not usable. Is there anyway to go to an account list somewhere and deauthorize them without having to actually be on the computer that I want to deauthorize? Like by IP address or something? And what does Deauthorizing an "Audible Account" mean?

Hi, if you go to itunes store (any pc/mac)login and click your username in the top left corner, then into apple account information you can de-aurthorise computers from there.

hope this helps

Edited by zionlion

zionlion    0

Deauthorizing an "Audible Account" is necessary due to purchased music from the iTunes store only being licensed to play on a maximum of 5 computers, its your bad friend DRM ;)

eternalnewb    0

Note that you can only deauthorise all computers, you can't choose. You can then reauthorise whatever you want.

Edited by eternalnewb

joshr    0
Note that you can only deauthorise all computers, you can't choose. You can then reauthorise whatever you want.

Isn't this something you can only do a certain number of times per year or something?

Craig    0

If I recall correctly you can only deauthorize all computers once a year.

Craig

haivu    21
Hi, if you go to itunes store (any pc/mac)login and click your username in the top left corner, then into apple account information you can de-aurthorise computers from there.

hope this helps

I followed your instruction and was able to view the account information, but I could not find any means to de-authorize computers.

zionlion    0
I followed your instruction and was able to view the account information, but I could not find any means to de-authorize computers.

I copied this from the iTunes Help menu, perhaps this will help?

Authorizing a computer to play iTunes Store purchases

To play purchases from the iTunes Store, you must authorize your computer using your iTunes Store account and password.

You can authorize up to five computers (Macintosh, Windows, or both) at a time. To play a purchased item on a sixth computer, you need to deauthorize another one. (Authorization helps protect the copyrights of the purchased items.) An iPod doesn't count as a computer.

You can authorize or deauthorize a computer at any time. Be sure to deauthorize a computer before you sell it or give it away.

Here are ways to authorize or deauthorize a computer:

To authorize a computer to play iTunes Store purchases, choose Store > Authorize Computer.

To deauthorize a computer, choose Store > Deauthorize Computer.

To deauthorize a computer to play spoken programs purchased from the Audible website, choose Advanced > Deauthorize Audible Account.

Tip: If you forgot to deauthorize a computer you no longer own, you can deauthorize all of your authorized computers at once. Choose Store > View My Account. You can use this method once a year.

Have you already done this once before within the restricted time frame?

zionlion    0

This is the screen you should come to within iTunes

419051134_9591daef5c_b.jpg

Edited by zionlion

haivu    21

In order to de-authorize all, I must meet two requirements: a) have not de-authorized all within a one year period, and B) have five authorized machines. I only have three authorized machines, so I cannot de-authorize all.

zionlion    0

That would then beg the question " why would you need to to Deauthorize a machine?"

haivu    21
That would then beg the question " why would you need to to Deauthorize a machine?"

I forgot to de-authorize a Mac that I sold to my brother. Furthermore, My MacBook is the only authorized machine at the moment, but my account shows three.