Sign in to follow this  
BlackSunshine

Power indicator light

My iMac is in the shop getting fixed as we speak. I am typing this up on my old G3 350 iMac that has never let me down. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the flashing sequences on the power indicator light. My iMac just decided yesterday when i was watching a hockey game, to go blank and the light just flashed really bright continuously. I shut it off and turned it back on and it instantly starts flashing like that again. Feels like the hardrive is running but there is nothing else at all. I called Apple and they had me try a couple tests, but like i said, instant flashing. I have had no luck in finding any info on understanding the power indicator light. Any help would be appreciated. I have apple care and the computer is only 1 yr old so its covered, but i wanted to find out what it was before the apple store got back to me. Thankyou in advance

Cheers

Just so everyone knows what it turned out to be so that if you ever get a really bright power indicator light flash, iths the memory. My memory was not installed all the way properly by myself to begin with when i upped to 2GB. I was hesitant to push to hard on it to make sure it was in place and behold, 4 weeks later, i get the trouble. Thanks to everyone who at least gave it a read to figure out what was going on.

Cheers