Sign in to follow this  
briguy1173

NFS Readonly

I have some webspace that I purchased that uses NFS as the file system. I can log into the server and view all of the files on it but any time I try to publish my html (or anything else for that matter) I get an error telling me that I do not have permissions to write to the server. When I got info on it it showed me that my permissions where to read only, and there is no way to change that there. Is there something else I need to do? Any third-party app that would allow me to write to the server?

Thanks.

How are you connecting? FTP? If so, then OS X doesn't support direct writing to it. I use cyberduck as my ftp client.

How are you connecting? FTP? If so, then OS X doesn't support direct writing to it. I use cyberduck as my ftp client.

OK, I tried using Transport and it didn't work, so I tried doing a direct connection like I would on a PC. Actually, what I have been doing so far is to publish from iWeb to a folder on a flash drive then reboot my computer into evil Vista and upload it from there.

I'll try cyberduck.

Hey Graham,

You rock! Thanks a ton. I tried out Cyberduck and everything works great. I'm really happy it was freeware too.

NFS is a file system, but FTP is a connection protocol, like http.