Sign in to follow this  
doug kessler

Downloading new podcast episodes

For some reason, my iTunes has stopped updating the podcasts I'm subscribed to (including MacCast). Any thoughts about why this is happening and how to fix it?

have you checked your preferences? (sorry, i know this ranks alongside "is the computer plugged in" answering a blank screen query).

also, is there a little grey circle with an exclamation mark next to any of your subscriptions? if so, click on it and it may say why it's stopped downloading new content

Is the problem limited to automatic updating, or does it include manual updates? (Click "update" button in upper right corner when in purple-mic-icon Podcasts playlist.)

if there's a (!) icon in the left column, it either can't access the server or you haven't listened in a while so it stopped automatically updating.

Thanks Chiff, wndowsguy and car1son.

The problem is only with auto-updates. My settings are set to check every hour. Preferences look cool. No exclamation marks...

Yesterday, I watched the time stated as the next update. No attempt to update was made and the time to next update moved forward an hour.

Weird because I know there have been posts since I last updated.

I did upgrade to Tiger since subscribing to these podcasts. Maybe I'll try re-subscribing...