Sign in to follow this  
TacoOrtega09

iPod Mini random pausing fits

Hey,

I have a 4GB iPod Mini I got about 3 months ago after selling a 1st gen 5GB. It has worked fine since I got it, but recently, It's been having these random pausing bits where in the middle of any song, it pauses, I play it again, then it pauses again. It'll do that about 2 times a day. Does anyone knows whats up with it?

might try reloading all the music onto it. i don't have an ipod, so i really don't know... sorry...

I tried resetting it, and it seems to be fine now, but might start again soon. Two of my friends have been having the same problem, and they think it's because of the new iPod updater.

It could be that maybe the hard disk isn't very healthy, although, yeah, it could easily be a firmware problem.

I haven't had the problem, but I have an iPod Photo and the firmware is a bit different.

What headphones are you using? I find that when I use a certain pair of Koss headphones, my iPod pauses on a whim. It usually occurs when I'm moving, even if it's just small movements. It only happens with these headphones.

I think it has something to do with the auto pause when the headphones are removed. There's something about the plug that isn't shaped exactly right. This doesn't occur when I use the Apple earbuds or the Sony EX71s. As I have a full sized iPod, and not a mini, I can't vouch for this, but I've definitely had this problem before.

I was looking thinking about your problem, and moved the headphone jack around a little bit. That's my problem too. It turns on because when you plug in headphones, it turns on, and it pauses because it thinks they're being removed. I have an adaptor now, and its fine.

Yea, the pausing feautre can be nice, but in some cases it doesn't work as intended. Must be something about slightly different shapes for the headphone plugs or something. I wonder if there's a way to turn that feautre off. Anyone?

By the way, what kind of adapter are you using? It might be nice to have something like that so I don't have to be so selective when it comes to headphones for my iPod.

I use the adaptor that comes with the Apple shuffle case.