Sign in to follow this  
shooter2jim

Parallels/XP wont see new Airport extreme

I just fired up XP under the latest Parallels on my Macbook (not core2duo) and I can't access the internet through my new Airport extreme. All of my other Macs work fine and OSX on the MacBook accesses the Airport as it should. XP/Parallels accessed the old Belkin Pre-N router just fine.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim

I just fired up XP under the latest Parallels on my Macbook (not core2duo) and I can't access the internet through my new Airport extreme. All of my other Macs work fine and OSX on the MacBook accesses the Airport as it should. XP/Parallels accessed the old Belkin Pre-N router just fine.

Thanks!

Jim

Im not sure about this but have you tried going to the little computer in the bottom right and looking for avaible networks?

Your parallels version of XP doesn't actually use your wireless card. Parallels, instead, installs some network devices of its own, if you open the Networks system preference you'll see them there. Parallels then uses these for internet access for guest the guest OS. When you're in XP go to the networking control panel and you should see at lest one active connection, use that to connect to the internet.

I'm not 100% sure on that, so if anyone can prove me wrong, go ahead. But since this has been up for a few days with no answer, I thought I'd give it the ol' college try.

Thanks!

Jim

Check the following threads:

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?...port+extreme+xp

These may give you some ideas. If they don't help, post your question to the parallels forum. I strongly suggest you post in the "Parallels Desktop for Mac" section to increase your chance of getting a helpful response. As well, if you can provide the version of OS X you are using and the Parallels download version you have installed people will be more accurate in their answers.