Sign in to follow this  
ETD

I just switched to a Mac Mini

Recently a co-worker became a Mac evangelist, he bought a mac-mini and quickly ended up converting his whole house, bought a Mac Pro for himself, 2 additional mini's for the kids and the original mac mini he gave to his wife.

He then started getting rid of all his old windows gear that he couldn't use with his mac. (I inherited a box of "stuff" and a box of software).

About this time I was thinking about upgradeing my pc... Vista was about to come out and my old 2200+ AMD and 128 meg graphics card.

I had quit upgradeing my pc after I bought an x-box and more recentley an xbox 360 for my gameing needs.

So I thought about what my pc was really doing for me now...

1. I used it for my ipod music and video needs.

2. I surfed the web

3. I emailed

4. I backed up my youngests video dvds

Next I thought about how much it would cost me to upgrade to run Vista properly.

Finally, I kept reading how Vista was so Mac like...

So I'm a happy new Mac user, I've found all the utilities I need to accomplish what I was doing with my pc.

My Mac mini is quiet, reliable and lets face it, after years of windows it has that new os smell, allowing me to explore a whole new world of linux, applescript etc....

So glad you are a happy new Mac user. I also got hooked with a Mac mini. I hooked it up to a Samsung LCD TV so that I could surf the internet while watching TV using the picture in picture function and use it to play DVDs for the kiddies. I recently ran out of space so bought a LaCie hard drive which stacks neatly under the Mac mini. It works seamlessly, so I would recommend one if you eventually run out of space. Enjoy!

Welcome to the Mac world ;) ;) its great