WVMikeP

help please: sleep problem

Personally, I'd like to set my dual 1.8 G5 to sleep when I'm done for the night. However, ever since I installed 10.4, I've had the "sleep of death" (at least as I call it). The screen would go dark, but the machine is still running at normal power until several minutes later, when the machine gets progressively louder until it's so frighteningly loud, I shut it off with the power button. This doesn't affect my iBook though.

Is there any fix for this?

Did you do an erase and install (see here on Apple's website), because that seems to be the most reliable way to upgrade. Of course, you'll need to backup your personal data first.

Did you do an erase and install (see here on Apple's website), because that seems to be the most reliable way to upgrade. Of course, you'll need to backup your personal data first.

The funny thing......it didn't give me an option.

It will have, but its easy to miss. There's a button that says Customise or Options or something similar next to the forward and back buttons on one of the screens (I think it's the one where you choose which disk to install to). Can't remember at the moment, since I'm stuck behind an evil windows machine...