Sign in to follow this  
shwaggysuerfer

New mac user looking for tutorials and good mac sites

Hello,

I have switched from a PC to a mac and am in need for some good tutorial/help sites with basic information through advanced topics. I am also looking for other good mac sites to learn more about my new mac.

Thank you!

you shouldn't really need any help. just think about everything that upset you with your old PC and think about how you would have done it better... thats probably how its done. things are easier than you would expect with a Mac. you will soon find that Macs just tend to make sense

Hey:

For advanced OSX hints and tips got to: www.macosxhints.com

A great software site (commercial, shareware & freeware: www.versiontracker.com

And finally check out: http://www.sitelink.net/ There is a comprehensive listing of many Mac sites for you to peruse.

Have fun!

Barry

If you picked up a copy of the .Mac subscription, you can find some really good, basic tutorials on the Learning Center web page. There are also some more advanced topics offered, but it really all depends on what your looking for.

It's not a 100% Apple site, but I think the link no one can be without these days is digg.com

It took me ages to find it believe it or not. I don't know if it's because I'm up here in the north of England and it's a "Bay area" centric tech site (read sometimes blinkered to the outside world) or if it just appeared from nowhere and everyone found it at pretty much the same time, but there's rarely a Mac or Apple orientated story off the front page - not only that it's an absolute WHEEZE to see all the Windows losers panic when someone submits a good news story about Apple right after a bad news story about Windows. For example right now there's a story on the front page about the virus that Sony gives you if you're using Windows just for playing an audio CD and right after it is a piece on iPod Video demand exceeding supply.

Joy!

That Hansel is so hot right now

I personally found the WWDC Keynotes very useful:

WWDC 2004 Keynote

WWDC 2005 Keynote

If you want any help at all, from a recent(ish) XP>OSX switcher then I would be more than happy to help (it's kinda my job anyway); just E-mail me using my name in:

first.last@gmail.com

How about Apple's own Mac 101 website? It's targeted to switchers and novices.

http://www.apple.com/support/mac101/

Plus unlike the Learning centre, it is free BUT it is not as complete or in-depth as Learning centre

Good luck! And keep asking! Everyone is willing to help (I was surprised at how friendly some mac users are when I first switched)

I will also offer my help, i use windows 2000, XP everyday (ugh i have to school hasn't all switched, most but not all).