deathman

HP Printers

I am currently using a white Intel MacBook and am trying to use a HP PSC 1311 series all-in-one printer. However, I am pretty sure the drivers for the printer are causing my MacBook to crash / run strangely.

Ever since I installed the printer, it has been crashing / running poorly. Now that I have uninstalled the printer, everything is running fine. Does anyone have the same experience or any solutions?

I am currently using a white Intel MacBook and am trying to use a HP PSC 1311 series all-in-one printer. However, I am pretty sure the drivers for the printer are causing my MacBook to crash / run strangely.

Ever since I installed the printer, it has been crashing / running poorly. Now that I have uninstalled the printer, everything is running fine. Does anyone have the same experience or any solutions?

Hi Deathman:

I'm wondering if you downloaded the driver from HP's website. That is usually the best option, because they are frequently updated (at least for newer printers). Also check for any firmware updates. After install, delete the printer from Printer Setup Utility if you see it pop up, then add the printer and try printing again.

Hope that helps!

All the best,

Andrew Darlow

Editor, The Imaging Buffet

http://www.imagingbuffet.com