tom203

How many people have you persuaded to get a mac?

tom203    0

Hello Mac users

I was just thinking I wonder how many people you have persuaded to get a mac instead of a PC?

I have got 3 people to get macs, and they love them.

ansalgado    0

I've 'converted' 9 people directly, either by persuading them to buy a new mac, or giving them a mac my self. Two of those 9 have in turn persuaded 1 additional person. That makes a grand total of 11 people under my tree... and that's only since I switched 2 and 1/2 years ago... maybe I should start collecting commissions from Apple. ;)

zionlion    0

Its my philosophy to not try to convert Windows users to the Mac. My reasoning is this, lower user base = less security issues, to me the Mac is the best OS and Hardware and it "attracts" a certain User hence the cult status, oh and Apple don't pay my rent ;-)

I understand that Apple Inc needs to grow its customer base but this should be through the Consumer Market (iPhone+iPods).

The first Computer I owned was a Mac and the last will be a Mac :-)

joshr    0

Just 1 person. I often recommend macs over PC's but people are set in their ways.

i like to be unbiased when it comes to computing. so i don't push for mac or PC. however a few people just from using my mac in my apartment want one. when i show them dashboard, or expose. it's always a 'wow' feature that they want. or when they see me doing something super quick that would take a pc a few steps to do usually actions in quicksilver are so fast they have to ask me how i did it.

i don't think you need to convince people to switch, just let them use yours for a few minutes :)

Edited by spark rain fire

Ignoracious    1
i don't think you need to convince people to switch, just let them use yours for a few minutes :)

I couldn't agree more. Let the Mac speak for it self. Says more than a thousand words.

joshr    0
i like to be unbiased when it comes to computing. so i don't push for mac or PC. however a few people just from using my mac in my apartment want one. when i show them dashboard, or expose. it's always a 'wow' feature that they want. or when they see me doing something super quick that would take a pc a few steps to do usually actions in quicksilver are so fast they have to ask me how i did it.

I also try to be unbiased at least when I am actually recommending a computer to buy. I usually say mac and then when they immediately are not interested I talk to them about Dell. I always recommend Dell PC's, especially laptops, because they have a warranty that is actually better than applecare. You can get it to cover accidental damage. I wish apple offered that.

Edited by joshr

cherry su    0

I've gotten 2 of my friends to switch.

Generally when my friends ask me for advice for a new computer, I tell them to look at Dell or anything on PowerNotebooks.com. HP and Sony have way too much crapware preinstalled and Gateway is just bad. Apple is out of their price range (usually).

Bainzey    4

I have got 5 of my friends to switch. 4 Macbooks and 1 Mac Mini! They are all so happy with them.

Flipper    0

none yet but im getting some of my friends to get imacs and im now pushing for people to get iPhones, but like many people are, they are set in their ways and wont break them.

Graham    1

I've just converted my first person. Now heading over to set it up for her, install the basics and give her a crash course on OS X.

tom203    0

I have finally got my parents using OSX and they said to me "why did we ever use windows" and they are not very techy but they find it so easy to use.

Graham    1

Oh yeah, forgot about the parental unit. She's been on a mac for a year now. She doesn't like it better than Windows, but I sure as hell do - I don't have to fix things every other week!

mac_fanboy    0

HA! NOBODY! Well first off I'm only thirteen so it's not like I'm going to convince my teacher and most of my friends already know macs are the best ;) . My dad is very stubborn when it comes to computing (he still has a virus-ridden pc and uses dial-up *shudders*). At my mom's we share my macbook and still use a pc but at least we have broadband!

cherry su    0

By the end of this year, 4 friends…all MacBooks! I'm the only MBP user in the circle

Being different is good!

rmsmits    0

At least 5 (households), but 2 have reverted to Windoze. 1 because of work and the other because he accepted a PC as payment for some work he did.

Larabees    0

I have always been the local "IT Guy" for my family and the people with whom I work (At work we actually do have a professional IT department, so they do all the heavy lifting, I just help people use their windows apps, especially Word, Excel and Access). At home I just let people see how easy it is to use the Mac, so I don't have to convert anyone, I let the Mac do the talking.

One thing I have RAVE about is the Screen Sharing feature using iChat on Leopard. Wow, I feel like a real IT guy now! Today, my cousin wanted to know how to do something on the Mac, I just took control of her screen (as she sat at her Mac, several miles away) and walked her through it. Screen Sharing is a very powerful tool.

:D

Macsmile4    0

I sorta got my dad to switch. My brother hates Apple yet he has an iPod?

podgirl    0

My husband's old carpool partner just got a MBP after hearing my husband gush about his MacBook. I wish my family would switch so they could figure out how to e-mail photos. :rolleyes:

Huskermn    33

I think I'm up to 9, though one reverted because he was really cheap and got a base Dell when his old 6400 (I think it was) died.

firewalk13    0

I've convinced my dad to get an apple laptop. He was never very computer literate and is a danger to their windows laptop. I think it will suit him much better.