Sign in to follow this  
dcolley

Expose

How is this suppose to work? When I have several windows open and I press the F9 key nothing happens. What I'm I doing wrong?

Check your settings in the Dashboard and Expose preference pane, make sure All Windows is set to F9.

Also sometimes the hot-key settings get lost for whatever reason, and changing it to something else and changing it back usually fixes it, so thats worth a try (mostly happens with hot-corners though.)

And maybe try with the focus on something like Finder, I would doubt it, but maybe whatever application you were in has grabbed F9 as its own hot-key and is overriding Expose's.

How is this suppose to work? When I have several windows open and I press the F9 key nothing happens. What I'm I doing wrong?

Also if you're on a notebook ( MacBook/MacBook Pro ) the default hot key for exposé will be the function key (fn) + F9 .

I have exposé set up to activate when I move my mouse into the corner of my screen which in my opinion is a lot more convenient than having to press a couple of keys. If you wish to try it out you can open up the system preferences, click on the dashboard & exposé icon and from there you can set your exposé to activate when you move your mouse to a corner.

Squeezing the mighty mouse works great. I find I use this feature on my desktop computer much more than my macbook.

Also if you're on a notebook ( MacBook/MacBook Pro ) the default hot key for exposé will be the function key (fn) + F9 .

I have exposé set up to activate when I move my mouse into the corner of my screen which in my opinion is a lot more convenient than having to press a couple of keys. If you wish to try it out you can open up the system preferences, click on the dashboard & exposé icon and from there you can set your exposé to activate when you move your mouse to a corner.

I forget exactly how but I remember it being an easy check box if you want to change the primary function of the f keys to the f1-f-9 or whatever and make it necessary to press the fn key to get brightness and such.

I changed my expose to f1 - all windows, f-2 desktop, f-3 all application windows, and f-4 dashboard. It means you don't have to move your hands since your left hand should already be in position to reach for the left side of the keyboard. Plus it means no accidentally getting the help files in various programs.