Walafrid

Maccast Website

Hey everyone,

I really like the new website design, but I've been having some bizarre issues. When I mouse over the links, they disappear! The screenshot should show what I mean:

Here I moused over as many links as were visible to show the effect.

I was using Safari on an iBook G4, OS X 10.4.9.

Can anyone help?

Yours,

W.

Edit: Removed graphic.

Edited by Walafrid

The same thing is happening to me. As soon as I try to click on a link, it disappears!! :angry:

Edited by Bluesygirl

Same here! My iBook G4 isnt that old and the links just vanish! and for some reason the site also takes a bit longer to load...

I'm having the same problem on an 800MHz G4 iMac using Safari. The site works perfectly well on this cruddy Dell though. Yuck, I don't like surfing Maccast on a Dell. :angry:

More curiously, it doesn't happen all the time to me!

Should we perhaps email Adam at some point as well as posting here?

More curiously, it doesn't happen all the time to me!

Should we perhaps email Adam at some point as well as posting here?

Likely, since the site seems to work fine for most people, it is some problem that all of your computers share and there is nothing Adam can do about it. Being a web programmer he'd know better than I, but I'd try some local fixes first since he's so busy. You all should go through the standard Mac trouble shooting tips first. These include repairing permissions, deleting any relevant preference files (spotlight for the name of the app with the problem plus plist usually turns up all pref files), create a new user account and log out of your main account and into the new one and see if the problem exists in there. Plus any other troubleshooting tips that I may be forgetting now. I'm not saying don't email Adam, but maybe see if it's local issue first.

-Tom

To be honest, it's not that big a deal; those steps seem a bit extreme for what seems to be only a cosmetic issue.

To be honest, it's not that big a deal; those steps seem a bit extreme for what seems to be only a cosmetic issue.

Well it's more than cosmetic for me. The links completely disappear so the site becomes impossible to navigate. The only thing that remains are the amazon.com links. Figures. :P

I'll try the local fixes first before emailing Adam about the problem.

Speaking of strange maccast web issues, I've noticed that I cannot type into the text box (for adding a reply or post) using Netscape 7 or the latest version of iCab. iCab displays a sad face which means that the page does not use HTML standards. This may be causing other issues as well.

:unsure: The same thing has been happening to me. MacBook Pro - 10.4.9, everything else is latest upgrades. Safari 2.0.4.

Mousing over a blue link makes it disappear. If I click near it, it reappears, but remains unusable.

This doesn't appear to be an isolated issue.

That Ray Guy - insidetheboom dot com