Sign in to follow this  
[zerophase]

itunes burning cd's.

i want to burn some cd's with itunes because i downloaded some songs and i want to recreate the cd. however whenever i burn a regular music cd (non-mp3) so it will work in all cd players, when i put them back into itunes i loose all my id tags. the only times when it remains is when the cd is very popular and itunes sells the cd. but for non popular cd's, i can;t keep the tags to stay whenever i burn a new cd. is there a way to make them stay? (album art too. the cd when i put it back just reads track 1, track 2, ect.)

I don't know if iTunes does what you want it to do. If you burn it as a regular audio CD, isn't it supposed to lose the tags and album art?

That must be because Roxio makes a note of which CDs you burnt, so it will be the computer and not the cd which holds that data (I'm only guessing, probably).

It's just that CD's can't hold the data, so I can't think of any other explanation. You could just stick to using Roxio anyway.

i guess its a pc thing then.. cause when i use the roxio one i can move it to any computer and still have it in music cd mode but have all the tags show up in itunes...