Sign in to follow this  
joenspa

iPod Shuffle Dock Great for thumb drives

I have a Mini and a Powerbook. I swap files with a thumb drive alot. I know, I do have a network but this is easier for what I am doing. I have discovered that 1st Gen iPod Shuffle docks make handy docks for thumb drives. You can get a USB port right out where you need it and not have to dig behind your computer. Also right now you can get them fairly cheap on eBay. I think my last one was $10 or $15. No I don't have any up for sale.

On a different note this is my 100th post. I believe I am now a Super Mac Geek! Man will that drive my wife wild. :wub:

I have a Mini and a Powerbook. I swap files with a thumb drive alot. I know, I do have a network but this is easier for what I am doing. I have discovered that 1st Gen iPod Shuffle docks make handy docks for thumb drives. You can get a USB port right out where you need it and not have to dig behind your computer. Also right now you can get them fairly cheap on eBay. I think my last one was $10 or $15. No I don't have any up for sale.

On a different note this is my 100th post. I believe I am now a Super Mac Geek! Man will that drive my wife wild. :wub:

Great tip! I love finding uses for old hardware and bits and bobs. I have a iMac and reaching around the back to plug in the occasional USB device is a real pain in the bum, I use an old USB extention cable I got With a Logitech Mouse.

congratulations on reaching the "Super" mark!