tmet

New iMacs?

Although a majority of Apple's new hardware is dependent on OS 10.5, when are we going to see the iMacs get reved? If you look at Apple's release cycle, most of their Desktops and the Pro Laptop have not seen a major upgrade for a while. If you look at MacRumors buyers guide, http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ you will see that the iMacs, MacMinis, MacBook Pros and the Quad Core Mac Pros are due for an update. Is this all going to happen at WWDC or over the span of the coming months into October to coincide with Leopard?

If you could reliably predict when apple would update its products you would be a wealthy person from all the bets you have won ^_^

I don't think the new iMacs will be at WWDC but probably will be released in October or September. The things that i think will be revealed at WWDC would be the iPhone, iLife, iWork, Mac OS X 10.5 (features) and a new Macbook Pro.

There was a recent article saying Jonathan Ives has started work on the next iMac which will be sleeker and slimmer.

I personally think that we will not see another iMac till next January Macworld. I think its gonna be totally redesigned so they will want to make a big deal about it, but as stated before, if we could predict Apples cycles we would be very very wealthy.

Remember, even Apple doesn't always know when one of their products will ship. That is the reality of design at such a highly innovative level. Furthermore, predicting the future isn't science at this moment, at its best pseudo-science.

So, futurists of the 1950s, where is my flying car you predicted? ;)