Sign in to follow this  
cooperrose

Radar detector

Interesting, in my bike experience triple digit speeds were never a problem and they came much faster and with way more fun then any car I have ever owned. I did find canyons much more difficult because of the ease of locking the rear brake but that came with time. What kind of bike do you have? As far as the car I very much doubt that it would kill you just as fast as the bike but either way it's certainly more likely to kill someone else as well. What kind of car is it though? What have you done to it? Maybe the bike could use a steering damper?

I have a way old enduro honda 250xr, and a 73 Datsun 240z with a ls1 engine and a turbo

I have a way old enduro honda 250xr, and a 73 Datsun 240z with a ls1 engine and a turbo

I thought you had a datsun for some reason. I had a 73 510 with an L20b and dual SU's for a while, great car. Certainly not as fast as a 240 with that engine but I like the looks better than I do the 240. Still the 240's are great and thats quite a drivetrain. That's not a bike worth mentioning in this discussion though. You need a modern liter bike like a cbr1000rr, GSXR1000, or the R1. Faster than your 240 and cheaper plus a bike feels even faster than it is since you are hanging out in the wind. Now personally I like a 600 but I am getting the feeling you might even want a 1200 or 1300cc bike. You can hit close to 200mph on a stock 1300. Not safe but it doesn't sound like safe is what your after.

I thought you had a datsun for some reason. I had a 73 510 with an L20b and dual SU's for a while, great car. Certainly not as fast as a 240 with that engine but I like the looks better than I do the 240. Still the 240's are great and thats quite a drivetrain. That's not a bike worth mentioning in this discussion though. You need a modern liter bike like a cbr1000rr, GSXR1000, or the R1. Faster than your 240 and cheaper plus a bike feels even faster than it is since you are hanging out in the wind. Now personally I like a 600 but I am getting the feeling you might even want a 1200 or 1300cc bike. You can hit close to 200mph on a stock 1300. Not safe but it doesn't sound like safe is what your after.

But on a bike once you hit that fast if you hit one little rock and it throws your wheel off just a little then your gone. Its like longboarding and scooting when you get going fast on a scooter the front wheel starts to wobble and when you get going fast on a longboard you have total controll your not relying on 2 wheels to ballance your relying on 4

But on a bike once you hit that fast if you hit one little rock and it throws your wheel off just a little then your gone. Its like longboarding and scooting when you get going fast on a scooter the front wheel starts to wobble and when you get going fast on a longboard you have total controll your not relying on 2 wheels to ballance your relying on 4

That is actually not true at all. The spinning of the wheels on a motorcycle create centrifugal force so like a gyroscope the faster they turn the more they naturally want to stay upright. You will want a steering stabilizer to control wobble in the front suspension but other than that a bike will be rock solid at high triple digit speeds. On the other hand when you are so close to the pavement you get the same adrenaline rush much quicker. Thats why I like a 600. No need to go really fast when your on a bike because much more sane speeds give you all the rush you need.

That is actually not true at all. The spinning of the wheels on a motorcycle create centrifugal force so like a gyroscope the faster they turn the more they naturally want to stay upright. You will want a steering stabilizer to control wobble in the front suspension but other than that a bike will be rock solid at high triple digit speeds. On the other hand when you are so close to the pavement you get the same adrenaline rush much quicker. Thats why I like a 600. No need to go really fast when your on a bike because much more sane speeds give you all the rush you need.

But I dont have money to buy a bike and on a bike there is no protection so if you fall then your screwed

But I dont have money to buy a bike and on a bike there is no protection so if you fall then your screwed

It's true that when you fall on a bike it's just you and the pavement. Kind of like when you crash your car into someone else because you are racing a ridiculously fast car on public roads.

Exactly joshr, if you go too fast then if you die doing it its your fault, but now your compaining motorbikes dont have enough protection think about the pedestrians you hit when you are travelling too fast and the amount of protection they have. I suggest that you look at this and think twice about what you are doing.

http://www.brake.org.uk/index.php?p=990

Exactly joshr, if you go too fast then if you die doing it its your fault, but now your compaining motorbikes dont have enough protection think about the pedestrians you hit when you are travelling too fast and the amount of protection they have. I suggest that you look at this and think twice about what you are doing.

http://www.brake.org.uk/index.php?p=990

nobody walks across the freeway

i once received some sage-like words of wisdom from an old medicine man along the banks of the amazon, and it goes as thus:

Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics. You may get the gold medal, but you're still retarded.

Now that I have finished my ....brilliant :).... point. I think I will take this advice. To the original poster good luck, try not to kill yourself or anyone else. I have heard the Valentine 1 radar detectors are very good.

Now that I have finished my ....brilliant :).... point. I think I will take this advice. To the original poster good luck, try not to kill yourself or anyone else. I have heard the Valentine 1 radar detectors are very good.

thank you thats all i wanted was some peoples opinions on radar dectors

I decided to go with the Cobra xrs 9930 no thanks to any of you but joshr

Thats great and well done in finding the piece of kit you needed :-) and the right person to point you in that direction.

Have you registered for Donation, Liver, Heart, Eyes..........?

Just wanted to say that while some posts on this thread may appear to be "condemning, Judging and confrontational" its just seems this way and the underling message IMO is one of caring and experience.

IMO Joshr did you a disservice but you are old enough to drive and hence old enough to make your own fuck-ups.

Edited by zionlion

Thats great and well done in finding the piece of kit you needed :-) and the right person to point you in that direction.

Have you registered for Donation, Liver, Heart, Eyes..........?

Just wanted to say that while some posts on this thread may appear to be "condemning, Judging and confrontational" its just seems this way and the underling message IMO is one of caring and experience.

IMO Joshr did you a disservice but you are old enough to drive and hence old enough to make your own fuck-ups.

Yes I am a doner of all. what do you mean by "fuck-ups"

Yes I am a doner of all. what do you mean by "fuck-ups"

Prosecution, Criminal record, Death by dangerous driving and being a complete and utter spaz!!

Come on now children, we're all of pretty much the same opinion, there's no need to continue this.