Sign in to follow this  
bandit803

Email RPG System

I was wondering does anybody know how to set up a free email system... if anybodies heard of IBS Net then its like that. I want to start of a Star Trek RPG (please don't comment on that!) which can be done by email. The idea is that you can send emails to everybody in a group and if you reply everybody else gets it. is it possible for free?

Have you considered using one of the available sites that do this? It's be a lot easier.

Yahoo! Groups let's you set up a group for just about any purpose; you can control membership, and members can choose how to receive notifications.

Apple's .Mac includes the ability to create Groups as well, if you have .Mac. (The Group owner needs .Mac, others don't.)

Both the above allow members to add new posts or view existing messages via eMail (as if it was a mailing list) or via the Group's homepage on the website. Both are easier to use and more reliable than a homebrew mail server. (You may find your ISP, in an effort to combat the plague of Windows spambots, has put some obstacles in place to make running a homebrew mail server even harder.)

There are also sites such as StoryCrafter that cater specifically to on-line RPGs.

thanks, i'll check them out!

LoL, that was the first one i checked out! when i saw yahoo groups i remembered google have one and google's stuff is usually good!