afropete14

Final Cut Express/Macbook problem

My brother has loaded Final Cut Express onto his Macbook. Soundtrack and LiveType work fine but when he tries to go into the main Final Cut Express thing it gives him a error message something along the lines of "This software requires certain hardware requirements: AGP(I think those are the letters) video card."

Isn't it possible to run Final Cut on a Macbook?

Any idea on what is wrong?

Thank you.

My brother has loaded Final Cut Express onto his Macbook. Soundtrack and LiveType work fine but when he tries to go into the main Final Cut Express thing it gives him a error message something along the lines of "This software requires certain hardware requirements: AGP(I think those are the letters) video card."

Isn't it possible to run Final Cut on a Macbook?

Any idea on what is wrong?

Thank you.

In short "no" the Macbook has integrated graphics not a standalone card.

IMO if you need to use Final Cut then you would need a Macpro, maybe a MBpro provide it was tripped out with Ram.

You didn't mention what you needed it for? perhaps you could manage with iMovie? I have used it for paying clients and it works fine for regular Video ;-)

Not sure whats wrong, but I can confirm that Final Cut Pro 6 runs fine on my Macbook 2ghz Core Duo.

Wow never thought that would work, perhaps its a spec change for V6? Whats the speed like?

Final Cut Pro 5 ran on it too, as far as speed, I don't know, I've never used it.

Sounds Familiar as I have a copy of 5 on my MBP and have never used it, all the video work I have done has been in iMovie.

I run FCE on my MacBook, and it runs quite well actually. The trick to getting around the AGP graphics is

1. Go to your Applications folder.

2. Right-click (or Ctrl-Click) Final Cut Express HD and select "Show Package Contents"

3. Go to Contents, and open up Info.plist (it should open in Property List Editor)

4. Hit the little triangle beside "root"

5. Find the value that says "AGP" and change it to "PCI" and save.

You may need to restart your computer for these changes to take effect. Also, it doesn't appear that this value is visible in 3.5.1.

Can Motion work on a Core2 2.0 ghz macbook?

I very much doubt it. If you can get it to run, it'll run like a dog I'll bet.