pixelZION

Good All-In-One Printer for Mac

Hey all,

I'm looking at trying to get an all in one unit (printer, copier, fax, scanner) for my home office. I just want to make sure that whatever i get allows all the buttons to work w/ the Mac.

Any recommendations?

I just got a HP Photosmart model that does scanning, copying, printing. It has a card reader and a LCD. Mine doesn't fax, but the higher models have fax and even an ethernet port. They have one button scanning right from the device itself that's configurable in software on the mac, so it works really well. I'm pleased. And they're not that expensive. I only wanted a scanner, but ended getting an all-in-one since it's pretty much the same price.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...&aoid=22677

I'm not up on current models but HP does a nice job in that department.

I purchased a HP 5130 all in one device just before Christmas. It's very nice design (looks iMac-cy) good printer, photo draw, scanner and multi card reader along with USB2 and Ethernet connectivity. It was a good price and is economical to run (especially next to the Epson I replaced). No fax but I've not used that for about 7 years. It's an excellent all rounder and the only critisism is the scanner could be a bit better (it's not terrible but isn't as good as an expensive stand alone - but I guess you wouldn't expect it to be would you?)

The HP does come with a decent set of software too so probably worth looking at theirs amongst any others.

Just a note to add. I use an older airport base station and the HP 1510 all in onethat I have is not compatible with the wireless network!

Simon

I have a great one the HP Photosmart C4180 it is a printer scanner and copier (no fax), it looks great next to the iMac grey and white tones. It works well with the new airport extreme base 802.11n. I think you will have a hard time connecting a printer to that older base station, especially if you would like to get all the performance that you are looking for out of the all in one.