mypancakeplaces

Boot Camp Fails me for the last time!!!

I just wondered if anyone could help me with an issue I have been having with Boot Camp. I recently purchased a version of Microsoft Vista: Ultimate which as you can imagine set me back a few bucks! I was about to install it onto my Intel MacBook but when partitioning the disk with Boot Camp Assistant it said that "the drive failed verification and could not complete the task. Please repair your disk with Disk Utility" so I went into Disk Utility and verified the disk, it found several errors (I assume caused by Boot Camp) and once it had finished it said "Disk Utility stopped verifying “Macintosh HD” because the following error was encountered: The underlying task reported failure on exit". So now I have a damaged disk which so far doesn't appear to be causing me any problems but I am afraid to switch it off incase something bad happens like the inability to find the OS when starting up!

Any help would be much appreciated!

I just wondered if anyone could help me with an issue I have been having with Boot Camp. I recently purchased a version of Microsoft Vista: Ultimate which as you can imagine set me back a few bucks! I was about to install it onto my Intel MacBook but when partitioning the disk with Boot Camp Assistant it said that "the drive failed verification and could not complete the task. Please repair your disk with Disk Utility" so I went into Disk Utility and verified the disk, it found several errors (I assume caused by Boot Camp) and once it had finished it said "Disk Utility stopped verifying “Macintosh HD” because the following error was encountered: The underlying task reported failure on exit". So now I have a damaged disk which so far doesn't appear to be causing me any problems but I am afraid to switch it off incase something bad happens like the inability to find the OS when starting up!

Any help would be much appreciated!

This sounds like something you are going to have to take it to apple for. Hopefully you have a backup.

This has happened to me before. An archive and install will set you right.

This has happened to me before. An archive and install will set you right.

Yep this worked for me on the exact same issue but with Vista Business and my iMac C2D 20', it made me swear and kick the cat but after my clean install i tried again and it worked fine.

Dont give up chap

The strange thing is that every thing is working fine! I notice absolutly no difference in using OS X.

Great, sorry if I worried you earlier. Now is an excellent time to backup though. Then try some more fiddling.

Lol.. this happened to me too. Did you have a previous partition that you deleted with bootcamp?

WAIT!! DO NOT BRING IN YOU LAPTOP!

All you have to do is boot from your OSX install disk and run repair disk from there. You can not repair a mounted disk.

WAIT!! DO NOT BRING IN YOU LAPTOP!

All you have to do is boot from your OSX install disk and run repair disk from there. You can not repair a mounted disk.

true, true. this happened to me after i restored a previous boot camp partition to my original one osx partition. then when you try to use boot camp again, you have to boot from the osx disk to repair the disk. thats what i did and it fixed it.