Shannon

Counting Listners for Podcast

I have just started my first Podcast, Hermit Bob's Anime Podcast, and am working through the growing pains. I am looking for a way to keep track of the Number of times my podcast is downloaded. I e-mailed .mac they told me all I could do was put a ticker on my web site but this doesn't reset with each epesode. I e-mailed i-tunes and they said they don't keep track of podcast download numbers (even though you can pull a popularity column in i-tunes). My question is there an easy way for me to keep track of how many times my podcast is listened to?

• Like 1

I have just started my first Podcast, Hermit Bob's Anime Podcast, and am working through the growing pains. I am looking for a way to keep track of the Number of times my podcast is downloaded. I e-mailed .mac they told me all I could do was put a ticker on my web site but this doesn't reset with each epesode. I e-mailed i-tunes and they said they don't keep track of podcast download numbers (even though you can pull a popularity column in i-tunes). My question is there an easy way for me to keep track of how many times my podcast is listened to?

I currently use Feedburner to keep track of my subscribers to the iScript Netcast. However, if you have already submitted your podcast to iTunes you will need to perform a 403 redirect to the feedburner URL so that your current subscribers don't notice that you changed your feed. If you would like more info on how to do this let me know.

I currently use Feedburner to keep track of my subscribers to the iScript Netcast. However, if you have already submitted your podcast to iTunes you will need to perform a 403 redirect to the feedburner URL so that your current subscribers don't notice that you changed your feed. If you would like more info on how to do this let me know.

Excuse my noob-ness, I am a podcast creator as well and have a feedburner account. I'd like to redirect via a 403 as well could you please let me know what steps I would need to take in order to do this? How did you go about it? Many Many Thanks in this regard-Young Jim

Excuse my noob-ness, I am a podcast creator as well and have a feedburner account. I'd like to redirect via a 403 as well could you please let me know what steps I would need to take in order to do this? How did you go about it? Many Many Thanks in this regard-Young Jim

I realized I called it a 403 redirect when the proper number is 301

The easiest way to create a 301 redirect is to edit (or create) a ".htaccess" file in the root of your website where the RSS feed rests... then use the following text to create a 301 redirect.

redirect 301 oldfeed.xml newfeedurl.xml

This will tell search engines that the change is permanent and your subscribers should not notice any difference since iTunes (and most RSS readers) will update their feed information to the new url automatically.

For more info on 301 redirects (and 302 temporary redirects) check out this site...