Sign in to follow this  
neil_jo

Whats up with updates

Hello just tried to do the 10.4.10 four times from software updates. four times the download stalled.

So went to apple /support / download , found the update and it downloaded and installed fine.

My question is on software update [ from the blue apple ] the file size was 49.0 MB. and from the apple site it was 72. MB

Why the different file sizes?

One may be the combo update while the other is just from 10.4.9? Just a thought. :unsure:

One may be the combo update while the other is just from 10.4.9? Just a thought. :unsure:

That is indeed the difference.

That is indeed the difference.

Sorry what do you mean buy combo update , I had 10.4.9 installed already

Sorry what do you mean buy combo update , I had 10.4.9 installed already

The software update through OSX just downloads the necessary components for your system. If you download the update from apple they give you everything you would need if you were installing 10.4.1 to go to 10.4.9. It's the first thing you should always try if you have weird problems after an update.

The software update through OSX just downloads the necessary components for your system. If you download the update from apple they give you everything you would need if you were installing 10.4.1 to go to 10.4.9. It's the first thing you should always try if you have weird problems after an update.

Thanks for the info, I think from now on I'll just go to the apple site for the downloads

this is the second time i've had problems with the download stalling.