Sign in to follow this  
Jubilee

Just a thought..should we do a Iphone Subject?

Since this thing is about to take on a life of its own. lol :lol:

Which iPhone are you referring to, the one by Apple or the one by LinkSys? There are distinct differences between both devices, both in appearance and whether or not you can buy it.
I am wondering if you are really being serious or just making a point?

Since this thing is about to take on a life of its own. lol :lol:

Thats a great idea but a better one would be to place it on another forum in another universe ;-)

HypePhone

So you got the job then ;-)

Thats a great idea but a better one would be to place it on another forum in another universe ;-)

HypePhone

I just think that Jubilee is making an excellent point. Not only that but I really think that an iPhone topic should have been added a long time ago. Right now people are mostly using the Macworld section but I don't think that is particularly logical long term. I could see the argument that iPhone stuff should be in the hardware section since it is certainly hardware but it seems fairly specific. What do you think? Should it get it's own section or be part of the Hardware section? What does everyone else think?

The Apple iphone wise guy!

The reason i recommend it is there is alot of articles and thoughts i want to post and i am sure alot of people are going to post their reviews when they get it on Friday and i never know where to go for it....hardware? Software? Other?

I have added an iPhone forum for now. We'll see how it works out, and whether or not it should be a subforum under a different topic. Adam may move it later as well. Have fun!

Well, my point was that people are over-hyping the iPhone. Everyone has about forgotten about the iPhone by LinkSys. Perhaps you should have a laugh and listen to what Clinton has to say about it (audio file). He's putting things into perspective with humor.

Anyway, good to have the new subforum about the iPhone, because people are going to want to tell their experiences and ask their questions.

Thanks!!!

After checking the iphone forum I am soooo glad all that stuff wasn't just mixed into the hardware section.

yea definitely worth it.

Easier to find too! :lol:

And even Adam is now tempted to buy an iPhone, or two (one for him and one for this spouse). Non geeks love the iPhone as well. Now that is amazing! So a separate forum is well deserved.

I could even imagine that there will be an iPhone consumer podcast, similar to the macCast. Perhaps a joint venture between Mac podcasters?

I wanted to answer Adam's request on his podcast reguarding why did people switch to iphone and why spend so much money.

Appologies if this is the wrong place.

I bought a palm treo last year for about 600. The palm failed in many areas including blue tooth reception / clarity and the buttons being a bit to small to really work with. I never even tried to listen to music with it but it had the ability. Functions on the phone were too complicated to use, find and enjoy. Surfing the web was disgusting hence you could not use the phone to find out what movies are playing. Bla bla bla.. bad phone.

The most important part of a phone is it should make a call. This should be easy. Next you need to manage your contacts. This should be even easier. The contacts are the most important part of the phone. You can replace a phone, but not necessairly your contacts. This is why I paid so much for the treo. I needed to keep a copy of my contacts on a computer. ( I often do computer support work for very large systems and I need to contact people for help.)

My 3 g ipod broke about 8 months ago and decided to put off the purchase of a new ipod till the iphone showed up.

After purchasing the iphone, I was very surprised that I can use yahoo mail as my contact management software. This went way beyond my expectations. Not only am I now able to keep a copy of my contacts, but they are being backed up on yahoo. Their backup and recovery process has got to be better than my non - existant back up and recovery process. So I don't think I will loose a contact due to a computer problem.

The price of the phone is cheap because I now won't loose a contact.

Thanks for the maccast and for the forums!

Wheels.