Sign in to follow this  
cherry su

If you had $2000 to spare...

What would you do with 2 grand?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Take your pick

• Buy a 4GB iPhone (activation, iPhone, $60 monthly plan costs included)
    • Buy a Mac
    • Buy a load of ice cream or food of your choosing
    • Buy a lot of clothes/bags
    • Buy Vista Ultimate for yourself and 4 friends
    • Buy a load of iPods/AppleTVs
    • Buy a load of iTunes content

joshr    0

I would buy the Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L and the Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L lenses to go with my Canon 70-200 2.8L. Of course I would be around $500 over the $2000 grand limit but I think I could pitch in. Speaking seriously though I have sprint currently [long story] and the Treo is $299 with a 2 yr contract plus I think around $100 a month for a decent plan including data. That works out to $2700 for two years. I would much rather have an iphone and it's cheaper depending on the plan you get. I don't understand what all the excitement about the price is.

cherry su    0
I would buy the Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L and the Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L lenses to go with my Canon 70-200 2.8L. Of course I would be around $500 over the $2000 grand limit but I think I could pitch in. Speaking seriously though I have sprint currently [long story] and the Treo is $299 with a 2 yr contract plus I think around $100 a month for a decent plan including data. That works out to $2700 for two years. I would much rather have an iphone and it's cheaper depending on the plan you get. I don't understand what all the excitement about the price is.

I have an old Samsung flip phone with T-mobile. The plan is a family plan (5 lines) but my parents and I only use 3 lines. I believe the plan is only $40 - $50 per month.

Hope that clears up why I think it's really expensive. :)

joshr    0
I have an old Samsung flip phone with T-mobile. The plan is a family plan (5 lines) but my parents and I only use 3 lines. I believe the plan is only $40 - $50 per month.

Hope that clears up why I think it's really expensive. :)

So you are comparing unrelated things. The proverbial apples to oranges. You need to compare full featured smart phones with good data plans and I think you will find the iphone pricing a lot closer. Don't get me wrong though it's expensive upfront. To rich for my blood but lot's of people buy smart phones and they are all expensive as hell.

Flipper    0

I think i would get a nice new macbook pro because I have an older mac and it would be nice to get a new one.

Iy42    0

You really can't have enough Macs, stuff the iPods and the iTunes contents and the ice cream, get a mac.