sttrek341

who got one?

who got an iphone? i got one, 8 gig.

i got an 8 gig one and i love it, im trying pretty fast already. but when i try to use the internet(safari,youtube) it always goes to edge and not wifi

i got an 8 gig one and i love it, im trying pretty fast already. but when i try to use the internet(safari,youtube) it always goes to edge and not wifi

I love mine too - Only I've had the opposite experience. Mine immediately jumps onto my WiFi network at home. It works great!

Unfortunately, the antenna effectiveness on this phone seems to be worse than on my Nokia 6682. I get almost no signal when in my house. I'm fine if I step outside, but being able to check voicemail from inside the house would be nice..

I have one. Got an 8 Gig.

Can't get it activated -- it's not showing up in iTunes, despite the fact that it's showing in System Profiler.

Apple support has had me do a bunch of stuff, none of it works, yet.

Strange thing is, it shows up immediately on my PowerBook, it just won't show up on my Intel Mac mini. Of course, the Mac mini is where all of my contacts, music, etc. is loaded. :-)

Hopefully I'll have some good news, Apple just bumped me to level 2 support.

did you update itunes to 7.3, that was my problem.

Is there a full-featured manual that comes with the iPhone? It would be nice to be able to just look over it :)

Yup. I took the plunge. Actually I didn't intend to, but got two because I stood in the local AT&T line and missed out on the 8gb model (not to mention feeling dirty for not being at an Apple store), so I said yeah whatever and took a 4gb just to get one in my hands. Later that night, towards midnight, I trekked to the Apple store at UTC San Diego and it was like, do you have the 8gb model, and they were like, no problem... So... do I make peace with my wife and try and let her have the other one?

I got an 2 8 gigs at my AT&T even though they were supposed to limit it to 1. I looked at the guy and said there's no line, how about I go out to my car and just came back in. He say the senselessness in the limit w/ no lines and I got a second one.

I've posted my comments on my blog as I won't make the "Loop" this Sunday:

My iPhone comments

I've posted my comments on my blog as I won't make the "Loop" this Sunday:

My iPhone comments

I've posted a comment to your comment.

People, please read his review if you're interested in the experience of first time users, and leave a comment to tell what you think of the blog post.

Again, Mark, thanks for sharing!

Y'all need to quit playing with yours, a friend of mine in Denver got mine for me and he can't FedEx it to me until Monday and I get it on Tuesday.

So until then put it down out of respect for a fellow MacCast listener.

:)

roog

I've posted a comment to your comment.

People, please read his review if you're interested in the experience of first time users, and leave a comment to tell what you think of the blog post.

Again, Mark, thanks for sharing!

Yeah, thanks no problem.

The thing that surprises me the most, was the things I was told to "fear" the most from the initial reviews are not a problem but other things are. EG., the keyboard - love it, was an AT&T hater - love 'em today, not syncing todo's, notes - Bad but no reviewer mentions it?

Sometimes mine will get stuck using Edge only, especially after leaving home and then returning to my home WiFi. I had to go to "Settings" then "WiFi" to turn it back on.

I love mine too - Only I've had the opposite experience. Mine immediately jumps onto my WiFi network at home. It works great!

Unfortunately, the antenna effectiveness on this phone seems to be worse than on my Nokia 6682. I get almost no signal when in my house. I'm fine if I step outside, but being able to check voicemail from inside the house would be nice..

I have the Nokia 6682 as well. I get terrible signal strength in my office building, which is documented on AT&T's site. I live in an urban setting and I would say my iPhone works just as well at home than the 6682. Have you noticed that EDGE seems slower on the iPhone than the 6682? I'm sure it has something to do with using a full brower vs. WAP.

By the way. Have you loaded up MAME on your 6682? It's pretty neat to be able to play Galaga anywhere you go.

I have the Nokia 6682 as well. I get terrible signal strength in my office building, which is documented on AT&T's site. I live in an urban setting and I would say my iPhone works just as well at home than the 6682. Have you noticed that EDGE seems slower on the iPhone than the 6682? I'm sure it has something to do with using a full brower vs. WAP.

By the way. Have you loaded up MAME on your 6682? It's pretty neat to be able to play Galaga anywhere you go.

The sad thing is this: I really don't know how well the EDGE worked on my 6682. I always found it so clumsy to get in and do anything on the Internet, so I just didn't do it. I never bothered getting set up with a data plan because it just wasn't worth it. I think I checked my email on the Nokia once or twice in the 2 years I had it. I pretty muched use the Nokia as a phone, contact, and calendar device, nothing more.

I guess it just shows what a great deal this is for AT&T, not only do they get a lot of new customers wanting an iPhone, but they get a lot of existing subscribers to upgrade their service plan!

- Tim

I have a 4 gig and I want it to have my children.

NOT YET - I'm Still Standing In Line :huh: -

So there I was the other night, still standing in line at the U-Village Apple store in Seattle - like I have been since July first - chatting with a few people about their iPhones. As always, the subject was raised about why I'm still standing in a one person line.

Well, My wife wisely holds the purse strings and has set my iDay accordingly. It's a good thing too, cause if I controlled the money we'd have far more than the ten or so MACs at our shop than we do now (but with ZERO in the bank). Added to the computers, we have Apple software galore, iPods (an entire collection) and more. My wife even used to WORK for Apple (I carry a picture of her old employee badge in my wallet).

With all this time on my hands (I log a few minutes a week standing in line) I have surfed to most every www address that references iPhone and THIS is STILL the place for me, Adam. MacCast is friendly, intelligent and informative with just enough humor to take the edge off my own impatience.

At nearly 61 people think I'm nuts for jonesing this way. Everyone except my wife and son who've know of my Apple passion since 1985. I've even made a living following MACs and MAC software around the world (my split frame picture shows me with The WOZ and again withHopalong Cassidy).

I've already worn out TWO paper mock ups of an iPhone since early June, and I'll tell you that the size is PERFECT. Since using the iPhone demos at the store (when I can get someone to hold my place in line for a few minutes), I have switched to a cardboard model and approximated the iPhone's weight with pebbles from the little fountain near where I stand.

The Apple Store employees are getting as used to seeing me as the Starbucks folks across the mall (everybody knows my name now - CHEERS!). I've got a favorite iPhone on the demo table and have been giving the # out to friends. The phone reception is GREAT! Plus i've already learned how to change the ring tone back to marimba with only a few finger presses.

It's great to read real world reports on the iPhone. Hey, is anybody naming theirs, like people used to name their VW Bugs? If so, that'd be a great list to start. Well, I gotta go get another cold "FRAP", the sun is making me a little loopy.

That Ray Guy - 3 w's, then insidetheboom followed by dot com

P.S. - Why do the fist people in line get all the attention and never the last one? Just wondering.

My company paid for iPhones for all the employees. I must admit, there's a certain cachet to having Mac techs fanning out over the Baltimore/DC area with the super-hip Apple phone. The company paid for 4gb models, but we had the option to purchase an 8gb on our own and eat the extra $100, which I did.

I got one last Sunday as a gift from my gf. Thank you Laura!!

Coming from a Blackberry it has been an adjustment. Do I LUUUUUVV the iPod functionality, butter-smooth screens, beautiful display, etc.. why yes.

Do I wonder why I cannot load 3P apps like Jive Talk that don't require Safari? Yup. How in the you know what did someone forget COPY/PASTE??

Also, the iPhone was supposed to have double the battery life of the BB Curve and almost double the battery life of the BB 8800 but IT DOES NOT. Under even very basic use it has not even matched the battery life of my BB 8800 yet...

Very slick device but if Apple does not get their act together with some improvements in functionality (geeezz its just copy/paste already) and 3P app capability.. that new dual-mode Blackberry is going to look mighty tempting...