bb121993

A good Place to get a mac

I am set on getting a 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook with 80 gig hard drive and a combo drive. I was wondering if i could get one for cheaper on any other site. (I would prefer a new macbook)

I am set on getting a 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook with 80 gig hard drive and a combo drive. I was wondering if i could get one for cheaper on any other site. (I would prefer a new macbook)

I have found it's pretty hard to beat the apple refurbished price. Check it out you can get a real deal and refurbished is indistinguishable from new aside from the packaging, comes with the same warranty, and is said to actually be better than new by some people because every unit is checked.

Apple price fixes their machines, so the prices should be the same everywhere, except for the referb models as Joshr points out. The only reason to get a Mac from somewhere else is sometimes there are deals like free printers or something. If it were me I'd do as Joshr suggests and get a referb from Apple. There is really no reason not to.

-Tom

I'll add a third to the refurb option. Honestly, if the machine you want is available as a refurb, I don't know why you would choose to pay a higher price for a "new" one...

I agree, the refurbs look just like new but don't come in the fancy new boxes that the others do. Many people believe that refurbs don't look new, but they have been checked by a human and I've never bought any refurb item (iPod, PowerBook, Airport Extreme) that had any imperfections visually or mechanically.

roog

Yeah, Apple is said to fix their prices.....but I was listening to the Typical Mac User (the same guy that helps Adam do the MacCast Loop) and he mention of a website that offered up to a $200 discount.....I'm trying to find the name of the site I'll post again if I find the name.

Yeah, Apple is said to fix their prices.....but I was listening to the Typical Mac User (the same guy that helps Adam do the MacCast Loop) and he mention of a website that offered up to a $200 discount.....I'm trying to find the name of the site I'll post again if I find the name.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah it is in Episode 83 about 2min. in. It is another great podcast that you'll like, or at-least I do. Just search "Typical Mac User" in iTunes

(it is a sponsor so I won't say you will just have to listen!)

Edited by Macs Rule They're so cool

Yes, I would agree with the others - check out Apple's refurbished page. I was going to suggest eBay, but upon further investigation, discovered that their average prices are at or above the new price on MacBooks! If you want an older model though, eBay would be a good place to look. I myself just bought an iBook on eBay and it works wonderfully! But if you're looking for new, I think you'd get the best price from Apple's refurbished lot. Plus then you know it's been checked out by Apple's tech guys!