Sign in to follow this  
Tom.landy

Mac Mini

is there any rumors saying that the macmini is due for an update soon? I have seen all the "its being discarded" rumors but I doubt this will happen, but does anyone know anything?

The only rumours I've heard are that it's being discontinued. It's been so long without an update, my guess is that it's being dropped or replaced with something else.

The only rumours I've heard are that it's being discontinued. It's been so long without an update, my guess is that it's being dropped or replaced with something else.

Its such a shame, I owned one of the original 1.4ghz G4 MacMini's. It was a great machine and I sold it to a friend who has used it to publish a book between Apple's Pages and Lulu (www.lulu.com self publishing site)

To be honest, looking at the features of the new leopard server, I'd assume that were going to be marketed a windows home server style mac mini, re-designed to be a beefy apple tv, but to be honest, give me a core 2 duo mac mini and I'll buy one in 30 seconds for the office...

I lso like the mac mini, maybe we wll see that long awaited upgradable consumer mac (like mac pro but cheaper) and if you dont already have a screen the mac mini is not really sensible ption as can add up to more than a more pwerful imac. Maybe will we see the return og the Cube? :)

I loved my 1st gen Mac Mini, I had it hooked up to my TV for 2 years running as a PVR (Elgato) and regret selling it to buy a ATV and have some cash for my back pocket.

I would love to see the Mac Mini Updated but looking at the Hardware line up I can't see a place for it, unless Apple ditch the iMac 17'.

I would love to see a Sub Mac-pro as (2xHDD bays, 2+4 core chip sets, 4xavailable memory slots, BluRay and HDMI out) but this is a dream;-)

MacMini R.I.P.

I hope Apple creates a kind of ultra-thin solid-state pad with multi-touch interface as a beginner's Mac, resembling Star Trek's pads, to redefine the humble remote control, to be able to control your digital life at your home.

to be fair, apple might for once release a totally new pc product with ddr3 ram, thats what I'd really like to see, even in new imac design form...or something totally new...

I don't think they should drop the mini either, just a quick processor upgrade (i've got 2 people I want to convinvce to switch and using their old peripherals is an excellent selling point) Now the consumer upgradeable mac medium is a good idea. What would be a good name though, I think they ought to bring back the ole classic title. Apple Mac CL (for classic?)...

Not too many Rumors now, but did anyone rumor about The AppleTV Before it came out? Did anyone guess how the iphone really looked like? (remember the photoshop jobs? :) . Not Really. Steve Surprised Us. Surely we will be surprised with an upgrade, or The mac mini will just sit. Im sure sales are still going, so apple isnt going to upgrade until the last minute.